Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Lost

Millicento_Millicento_ Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
My mum is my hero. My best friend and without her I wouldn’t still be sitting here typing this.
She has been struggling to cope with her mental health, alongside myself, and I love to just have someone talk to me. And have conversation with.
I really feel lost and broken when she comes home from work, clearly had a rough day, and goes to her room.
I figure that means she just needs a breather. She’ll come back soon.
Then she just goes to bed.

Idk if I’m being too demanding of her but I seriously feel lost on where I am. Of course I’ll somepoint see her tomorrow…but if this comes up again, I don’t get how to feel, what to do, what to think.
If sleep is her healing tonight then I hope it helps and works in her benefit.

Just feel dunked in the deep end alone. I have nobody else. (Till Thursday for an hour) but in between those meetings, who has any slight support? An answer of sorts..

Comments

• Options
    RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    @Millicento_ it sounds like you really look up to your mum and it's nice that she's your hero and best friend. It sounds tough at the moment, if you're not necessarily getting the relationship you want or need. Have you tried speaking to your mum about this? Or maybe spoken to her about counselling or different forms of support for her mental health? Maybe you could cook her dinner and that be your quality time together each night?

Sorry to hear you feel you're alone @Millicento_, I hope you know that you can find support on The Mix, we are here to offer that safe space <3
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,858 Extreme Poster
    Hey @Millicento_, just picking up on this - I hear you. It sounds like you're going through a difficult situation at the moment and feeling lonely. I wanted to check up and see how you're feeling at the moment?

It sounds like you and your mum have a good relationship and can rely on one another, and I'm sure she'd appreciate your concern and understanding about her. That being said, you of course have your own needs, and it sounds like you feel quite alone and want someone to talk to.

The Mix has a chat service if you'd like to talk to someone about how you feel: https://www.themix.org.uk/get-support/speak-to-our-team.

Samaritans are also available 24/7: https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    mk1881mk1881 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    @Millicento_,
    I can actually relate to your feelings. I hope you know that you don't have to be ashamed of experiencing these emotions at all. These emotions are just a biproduct of having a healthy and close relationship with your mom. While relationships eb and flow between indepence and co-dependce it's great that you're realizing that you're struggling with those borders.
    "But our lives will only ever always Continue to be A balancing act That has less to do with pain And more to do with beauty." -Shane Koyczan
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @Millicento_ I'm sorry to hear that both you and your mother are struggling with your mental health. It can be challenging when you're in need of support. Sometimes people need time and space to recharge and take care of themselves.

It's crucial to seek additional support for yourself during these difficult times. There are some suggestions that might help:

- Reach out to other support networks
    - Seek professional help
    - Engage in self-care
    - Join support groups or online communities

Remember that it's essential to take care of yourself, even while supporting your mother. It's okay to seek support from others and ask for help when needed. You don't have to face these challenges alone, and there are resources and people available who can provide understanding and assistance. We're also here to listen and support :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.