Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Favourite TV Shows or even films

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
Hi I thought it would be cool to have a thread for people to talk about their favourite TV Shows or even films. These can even be used as reccomendations for others too.

At the moment, I think my favourite film has to be Reanimator which is a horror which isn't very for the faint hearted but it is very very good. It's like a dark comedy and it can be cheesy at times too. As for TV shows there haven't been many shows that I have been following along recently.
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Thank you for creating this thread @Amy22. For a TV show, I have been enjoying Ed Sheeran's documentary series on Disney+ this week. For film, I have been enjoying watching How to Train Your Dragon. I would be interested to see what everyone else has been enjoying :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    Great idea! Struggling to think of a favourite tho hmm mabye full house? Fav movie probs nativity or Matilda but i do like the breakfast club as well.. Im having a Disney phase again at the minute so im watching the suite life on deck.I never had Disney channel as a kid so never watched it but tbh its still rlly good now

Im also looking forward to the new Malory towers series coming out tomorrow (big kid at heart) and im watching 13 going on 30 on Netflix as well

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    saffjxdesaffjxde Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    @Amy22 I love this thread.

I don't really watch many TV shows, I'm a big comfort re-watcher. I'd say my current favourite is Brooklyn 99, my all time favourite is Criminal Minds and I'm currently re-watching TBBT (yeah I only seem to watch 3 shows haha).

For films, I have the attention span of a two year old so can't make it more than about 5 minutes so that's harder... Idk if it counts but I watch the Reputation Stadium Tour and Miss Americana on Netflix a lot. I like Die Hard and Rush Hour though.
    nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength - st francis de sales
  • Options
    saffjxde wrote: »
    @Amy22 I love this thread.

I don't really watch many TV shows, I'm a big comfort re-watcher. I'd say my current favourite is Brooklyn 99, my all time favourite is Criminal Minds and I'm currently re-watching TBBT (yeah I only seem to watch 3 shows haha).

For films, I have the attention span of a two year old so can't make it more than about 5 minutes so that's harder... Idk if it counts but I watch the Reputation Stadium Tour and Miss Americana on Netflix a lot. I like Die Hard and Rush Hour though.

I really like bobs burgers a lot especially the art style. I find that show very comforting for some reason. It's feels like one of those warm hugs you get.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Love this thread idea! However I don't watch many films or tv shows. Pretty much the only ones I watched are all the star wars films (I think. There's a lot of them lol) and the clone wars series that I started recently. I used to watch a few episodes on tv many years ago so its kinda nostalgic to properly watch them all now. Although the plot is so predictable, me and my brother manage to guess 90% of the plot twists haha.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    Quite recently I have started watching the show Gotham and they have just put it on Itv X so I don't have to use netflix or amazon. It's a very good show to watch but I will say it is a bit dark so not for everyone I would say. However, It's so refreshing to see a younger of Bruce Wayne in the show too. Highly recommend :+1: