Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

current things

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
do head feelings come on automaticly, or can we manage it but how? why wen u reach out to ppl they dont show empathy? is a porridge pot frm aldi enough for breakfast? i struggle with my mental health most days, bc of past exp i dont tlk to ppl.
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• HarryTHarryT Community Manager Posts: 319 The Mix Regular
    Hey @ellie2000 - Harry here :). This is a really interesting question. Feelings are something that everyone has and experiences, and I think they're made a little bit complicated because we all experience them in slightly different ways. What do you think? Is there anything that helps you to manage your feelings? You might find this article on our website interesting - it talks specifically about dealing with feelings of anger, but some of the tips might be transferable to managing other feelings too.

You've also mentioned that you don't like to talk to people because of your mental health. You've been really brave to open up to us and you do a great job of sharing how you're feeling in this space. Would you like to tell us some more about your mental health? What does struggling look like to you? We're absolutely here to listen if you'd like to talk.

See you around legend. Take care of yourself!
    Hello amazing human (yes, that's YOU). I wish that you could see the amazing person who I see within you  ✨
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    Hi 👋 @HarryT
    I try to not see my feelings. But I definitely feel happier. A few mornings ago I woke up and I sed 'I'm sorry' wat was tht feeling?
    I no wen I'm feeling off now. I get worried than angry, I may get frustrated that something hadn't worked. All feelings will go away for abit coz I'm goin on a cruise
    Do I let ppl down by being sad?
    Crazy mad insane
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,042 Wise Owl
    Hi again @ellie2000 Its a really positive thing that you are acknowledging your feelings and well done for doing so.I think when you woke up and said you were sorry means that mabye your acknowledging something that happend and might be a feeling of acceptance/you apologising might be giving yourself closure. In terms of letting people down by feeling sad your feelings 100 percent matter and i dont think you are letting anyone down.Everyone feels sad sometimes and to normal to feel this way. Oh wow a cruise i hope you enjoy yourself! Ive always wanted to go on one.I hope thats a nice break from you and you get the opportunity to chill.What area are you cruising round?

Take care and have a good Sunday
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    What are you sorry about @ellie2000? It sounds positive that you are able to recognise how you are feeling now.

You deserve to feel how you feel. Hopefully, you will enjoy your cruise and feel better for a little while but it is ok to feel how you feel. Your feelings are valid <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.