Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

a problem i cant solve

RoshdiRoshdi Posts: 2 Newbie
edited May 2023 in Health & Wellbeing
my childhood friends and my family never remember me
I have no brother or sister so my friends were very important
and my father and mother make me feel like I live alone we don't interact with each other at all
I don't know what to do
for 3 years I tried with my friends told them to call from to time to time I even tried to be the one calling but we aren't close anymore they moved on found new groups of friends but I couldn't I don't have any new friends because I cant find any good people
I just want to find someone who will be a close person to me is that possible
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,015 Community Veteran
    Hi @Roshdi that sounds like a very difficult situation for you to go through at the moment. I'm sorry to hear that you haven't had a close relationship with your family or childhood friends. I know that as time goes on sometimes friendship groups do move apart and shift, meaning that the closeness you may have felt may have drifted on. Friendships can be a very tricky thing especially when that closeness is gone. I know that it can be very hard to find new friends and I totally understand that. I noticed that you mentioned about wanting to find someone who will be a close person to you. I'm sure that you will be able to find someone who ends being quite close to you, and hopefully someone who is a good friend as well. I wonder if there are any local clubs or groups that you can go to where you could meet some new friends. It could also be an online group too. I'm always here as well if you would like to talk more about how this has been affecting you at the moment.

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    saffjxdesaffjxde Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    @Roshdi I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through that... It sounds really tough and lonely and no one deserves to be made to feel that way, particularly by those closest to them. As Amy said, friendships can be really tricky, and a lot of the time there's not much you can do once the dynamic shifts, it does just suck sometimes. I've no doubt that there will be people out there who will share similar interests and who will make time to stay connected and to spend quality time with you too. Online groups can be a good way to start conversations with people and to meet new people, or maybe visiting like the park or a local museum to be around more people. If you want to share more, always happy to listen.
    Hugs! <3
    nothing is so strong as gentleness and nothing is so gentle as real strength - st francis de sales
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,870 Extreme Poster
    edited May 2023
    Hey @Roshdi , thank you for sharing your experience with us. It sounds like you're in a difficult spot, and I'm sure many of us here can empathise - we all want to feel wanted and make connections with others, and it can feel painful when we experience the opposite.

I think you did the right thing by asking friends to call you and stand up for your own social needs. As the others have said, friends can come and go, but that doesn't lessen your value in any way - you deserve to feel loved and wanted. I'm sure in time, you'll find new friends who will listen to you and laugh with you. Keep putting yourself out there and meet new people, and you'll find those good people soon enough :)

If it's helpful to talk it out, Samaritans are available 24/7, 365 days a year. All their contact information can be found here: https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    RoshdiRoshdi Posts: 2 Newbie
    thanks you
    your comments made me feel better :3
    because it made me know that there is a possibility to find friends that will last
    well to reply to your questions
    I am not good at starting conversations and me being a bit shy doesn't help
    there are no close clubs in my area
    there is a park yeah but I don't know what to do after i enter
    and the financial situation is not that good anyway I don't want to bother my family with more money they already pay a lot for my school and food
    plus being in a country where everything is expensive doesn't help at all
    [sorry if my English is a bit bad its not my main language]
    oh and sorry for the late reply i had exams
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @Roshdi It can be difficult when you feel like the people around you aren't giving you the attention and care that you need. It's important to remember that friendships can change and evolve over time, and it's not uncommon for childhood friendships to fade away as people grow older and their lives take different paths. However, that doesn't mean that you can't make new friends or find people who will be close to you.

One way to start is to look for groups or activities that align with your interests, like a club, sports team, volunteer organization, or any other group. These can help you meet new people who share your passions and give you a chance to connect with others. Remember that forming close relationships takes time and effort, but it's worth it. Don't give up hope, keep putting yourself out there, and stay open to new experiences and opportunities.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.