Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Getting emotional

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
I got emotional today and I opened up to a friend who sorts some stuff, I'm struggling with wat ppl say, I don't understand ppls systems.
She put one hand to her head and looked down. N I apologised
I worry n doubt stuff n overthink how do I deal with tht?
Was she getting upset at tht second?
It all got emotional
I wish everything was was free, why do services cost money wen they don't do wat they r offering?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    It's great you felt you could open up to your friend @ellie2000, how did her response make you feel? I guess if you are worrying and doubting what you say and you were unsure if she was getting upset then maybe ask her how she felt about it and that may give you some clarity.

I hear you @ellie2000 it can be expensive for different services these days. What is it that you are trying to access as maybe someone on The Mix can help you?

How are you feeling since your chat with your friend?
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    edited May 2023
    @RenP wen I open up I feel bad after, is tht normal?
    Wat does deconstruct the past mean?
    Is there a service to pay for activities ur interested in which u pay 4 out Ur own pocket? These days stuff is expensive
    Crazy mad insane
  • RenPRenP Posts: 203 Trailblazer
    @ellie2000 I think it's totally natural to feel bad after opening up because you have given a little piece of yourself to someone and that can be draining, daunting, uncomfortable and raw. Maybe give it some time though, because you may see a benefit of opening up as it is still a release.

Deconstruct means to break something down into parts so to deconstruct the past probably means to pick apart the past into separate sections and analyse them in terms of how they have affected the present and future.

And I'm not sure about this one, could you give an example of an activity then maybe there will be free services or charities that provide this, otherwise I'm not sure, sorry @ellie2000!
    @RenP something who helps with money stuff to fund those who money grab where u go to fill boredom
    Crazy mad insane
  • support_squad23support_squad23 Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Hi @ellie2000

It can be confusing and unsettling when your emotional release isn't received in the way you expected or wished for. Sometimes people may struggle to hold space for your emotions, or might find it hard to say the right things. Nevertheless, reaching out to others and relying on your support networks is a great way to help cope with difficult times. You're doing a great job of opening up today.

I see that you'd like to access some more services. I am still a bit unsure as to what you're specifically looking for. It seems like you might want to relieve your boredom, is that correct? If so, what sorts of things do you like to do? We can explore some options together.

Take care
    @support_squad23 I'm somewhere where I don't understand the system, everything is gd now. They're kind, nice Nd professional 😀 flats r done up, which is a gd thing. I kindof lost myself, in a gd way. Everything is wonderful and positive, but I still in tht mindset but not much now. Ppl in the last town I was In, ppl made me who I once was disappear. Past events made me lose trust in ppl
    I want to relieve boredom and b my own self,
    How do I do those?
    Crazy mad insane
    Hi @ellie2000

I'm glad to see that you're being supported by nice and kind people, a shift towards a positive environment must be relieving. I can understand that you're still a bit unsettled and unsure about how things might turn out, this is normal when you've experienced challenging past events. We are here with you.

It makes sense that you want to relieve boredom. How do you feel about joining a local sport group or signing up for some volunteering opportunities? These can be found on websites such as doit.org or through the local council website.

Take care
    @support_squad23 wats a support group
    Crazy mad insane
    Hi @ellie2000

I was meaning to ask about sport groups, if you happen to want to take part in any sports to relieve some of your boredom? Being active can bring about quite a few therapeutic benefits if you're interested.
    edited May 2023
    @support_squad23 Yh, I like sport. I used to swim, do gym stuff ect. I was being followed in the other town
    In the current town I'm stuck where to look.
    Is doit.org cover all Counties like the N&S area. In uk
    Crazy mad insane
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,042 Wise Owl
    Heya @ellie2000 how are you feeling today? Yes do it.org can cover all the areas but sometimes it can be hard to find things on their You could also have a look on your local councils websites for leisure centres or swimming pools etc that mabye you could join if your interested in the gym or clubs

Hope this helps
    Take care
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @ebyrne556 @support_squad23 today I woke up with bad feelings, how do u cope with if u feel like Ur on ur own?
    Crazy mad insane
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,998 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000, just picking up on this. If you're feeling alone, there's a couple of things you can do, both of which we've touched on here. The first is that you might want to connect with others - this could be in-person (with family, friends or school peers), or could be digital (like coming on the boards here!). You might want to talk about something deeper like how you feel, or something lighter like funny stories. That feeling of connection is powerful when we're feeling alone! To that end, Samaritans is always available if you'd like to talk to someone anonymously: https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/

The second is to do something to occupy yourself and your time. This could be by yourself, or with others; inside or outside - the choice is up to you! We've mentioned things like sports groups which are great, because you get active and can meet other people with similar interests, but it could be a hobby you enjoy as well. Either way, doing something means that we're keeping ourselves occupied, and that helps us to pass the time and feel less alone :) What kinds of things do you like to do to pass the time?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.