Home General Chat Positivity Corner
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

gaming keeps u secure?

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,988 Community Veteran
why do games give u comfort
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,926 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000, I hope you're doing good!
    I think games give comfort because they give you the ability to immerse yourself in a different fantasy world that is not affected by your real life struggles. They give you a way to escape your problems for a while if that makes sense.
    Why do you think games give comfort Ellie?
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,988 Community Veteran
    @JJLemon18 I used go to vr wen things were really really hard, tht gave me abit of ease with life. Back went was stressed with everything I couldn't play games at home. Coz I didn't like where I was living. I like now, I'm much more comfortable 😊
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,877 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000 - I'd agree with JJLemon, it's a way from us to escape from our lives and engage with a completely different environment. You can become a new character, a new world, a new time period, and that's really exciting! VR is especially immersive, so I can imagine that it might have an even more powerful effect. I'm glad to hear that you're in a better place, and that you can play games as you like! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ellie2000 I also like to play various types of games. It's a way to relax and experience a different world for me. Sometimes it can distract you from some worries that you might have. Good to hear you are more comfortable :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.