Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Unconsenting Media

AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
I'm not sure if this resource has been shared before on here, but either way always good to share again:

Unconsenting Media is a website dedicated to providing people with information about any sexual harassment and/or assault that happens in TV shows and films.

I use it a lot when starting a new show to either get myself mentally prepared to watch an episode or to decide against a show altogether.

Some people may prefer to go into shows and films without these kinds of trigger warnings, and that's okay too, but if anyone would like some kind of heads up, it has a lot of shows and films on there with descriptions (e.g., what season and episode harassment occurs in).

https://www.unconsentingmedia.org/

Admittedly, the selection of shows are generally English-speaking shows, so there can be limitations, but useful for some people hopefully!
FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    No worries @LorryTruck <3 I figure there are times where you start a new show and are totally loving it, but then out of nowhere a really traumatising scene can befall you and it can be really shocking and horrid. Plus, it even has information about sit-com type shows where sexual harassment and assault are played off for jokes, so you have better understanding of what you're going to see if you choose a show like How I Met Your Mother, for example.

Hope this helps xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.