Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Aargh why am i so bad at checking this website

PenguinSkyPenguinSky Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
I've known about this site for basically years but only posted a few times... like I'll use it once and then forget about it for weeks or even months, even when ppl have left really nice comments i just forget to reply for ages which... why can't i do something as basic as opening a website lol. I keep meaning to check out the resources and group chats more but forgetting about that too. IDK, it just makes me feel kind of stupid.
Also I'm not far away from hitting 25 and then I guess i won't be able to use this site anymore, which i totally get but it sometimes feels like there aren't a lot of resources/places to get help for adults, especially 25+. (Obviously I know about Samaritans and that there are ways to potentially get cbt through the nhs and stuff, but the second one can take ages and ofc crisis lines are really good for helping when you're, well, in crisis but if you need advice or help getting info, finding support sources etc., not so much... that's just based on my limited experience though so could be wrong there.)
Wow this post really got away from me... just started with a facepalm and uncovered bigger worries I guess.

Comments

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    edited September 18
    Honestly, we are glad whenever you are here @penguinsky . I know transitioning away from The Mix must feel pretty scary, especially when you've found comfort in people's kindness (even if you aren't on here 24/7). @Past User makes an excellent point about other places that have a similar vibe to The Mix where you can still go for support. Equally, I think there is a point to be made about having online boards like this for younger adults who have aged-out of The Mix but might not feel as easily-able to connect with older adults.

I know that Mental Health Forum is a bit more open about whoever needs to come online to talk as well. Here is the link if you're interested:

https://www.mentalhealthforum.net/

I certainly agree that The Mix is such a special place to get help to be honest, there is something very warming about knowing there are others who care so deeply about your happiness and wellbeing online <3

Either way, how have you been getting on recently? xx
    Post edited by patrickDev on
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • PenguinSkyPenguinSky Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    edited September 18
    @Past User Wow I'd never heard of Qwell before - thanks for the rec! and yeah you're right, that's def a good way of thinking about it
    Post edited by patrickDev on
  • PenguinSkyPenguinSky Posts: 42 The answer to life, the universe, and everything
    @AislingDM Thank you <3 hope this doesn't sound weird but your replies are often my faves, you come across as really warm and reassuring :3 and thanks for the MHF rec!
    And yes i'm doing ok thank u (Morgan was onto something lol!) I still feel like I'm not being as productive as i should be - I'm basically a master procrastinator and i get distracted by screens all the time... i'm working on that stuff though, and it helps that my anxiety has reduced a lot now I'm done with uni!
    Thanks again for replying x
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @PenguinSky - just a heads up, there is a post over here that talks a little bit about what happens when people turn 26, which may be helpful to read - https://community.themix.org.uk/discussion/3598388/what-if-im-over-25/p1
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Not at all!! @penguinsky <3 hearing things like that is honestly so reassuring !! I think we can all worry that we might say the 'wrong' thing when we're trying to be helpful, so I'm very grateful to know that you feel the warmth and love I'm very much trying to put out there :)

Couldn't agree more honestly, my screen time is absolutely dreadful! I know it's such a cliche but I think it's so hard to set yourself time away from phones, tv and tablets etc... and then before you know it 5 hours on Tiktok has passed you by!! =)

It can be very frustrating though, especially when you sincerely have a strong work ethic and want to be a super productive person, but your mind just won't align with this. What, do you reckon, makes it so hard for you to focus? (no judgement ofc) xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.