Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

just broken

Millicento_Millicento_ Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
literally broken.
feels like my heart sunk and then made my muscles just retract.
I don't have a very healthy equal relationship with my dad and it's just me and him living together as my mum isn't very well.
I just found out he's gonna have 2 weeks off from work.
Like what even
I have nobody else to talk to. Aside from my counsellor but that's 50 minutes out of an entire week.
I can talk to mum but because they are splitting up I don't think she wants to know what he's doing.

But I've gotta cope with this. I do volunteering twice a week, 2 hours each time. sometimes go to the gym, do yoga at home. But that doesn't fill the day.
I don't have the right focus to read and actually take in what it is I'm reading and I'm so stressed rn that if I were to colour I feel id just tear the pages apart.

Aside from that idk what to do.

Comments

• Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Hi @Millicento_ <3

Thank you so very much for coming onto The Mix to express just how much pain you are in. I know when it is this intense and confusing it can be hard to even figure out your emotions, let alone know how to try and cope through it. And yet, you are still giving so much of your time and compassion to others through your volunteering, which is simply amazing. :)

Equally, I know that you deserve this support too, not to feel so deeply isolated when you are suffering this much. There are so many challenging things that you are facing from your parents splitting to your mum being unwell and trying to navigate your life around and through this must be beyond impossible. It's no wonder you do not know where to turn right now.

It sounds like the home situation you have at the moment is intensely stressful for you and perhaps it could be useful to vent some more of it out here if you feel up to it? Of course doing fun activities like yoga is really important for the body and the mind, equally sometimes you need to shout out your feelings and know they have been heard too <3

Huge hugs and here if you need xxx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Terry8936Terry8936 Posts: 271 The Mix Regular
    @Millicento_ I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time right now. It sounds like you're feeling overwhelmed and don't have anyone to turn to. It's understandable to feel broken and lost in this situation.

One thing that might be helpful is to explore some coping mechanisms that work for you. You mentioned volunteering, yoga, and going to the gym, which are great ways to relieve stress and occupy your time. Have you tried any other activities that you enjoy or find relaxing, such as meditation, listening to music, or journaling?

It's also important to remember that it's okay to ask for help. You mentioned that you have a counsellor, which is a great resource. Have you considered reaching out to any other support networks, such as friends or family members who you trust? Even if your mum is going through her own struggles, she may still be able to lend an ear or offer some support.

Lastly, it might be helpful to set some small goals for yourself each day, even if it's just something small like going for a walk or completing a household task. This can help give you a sense of purpose and accomplishment, even on days when you're feeling low.

Remember to be kind to yourself and take things one day at a time. It's okay to not have everything figured out right now. Also, we’re here to support you whenever you need.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.