Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

about the news

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
i was watching the news on recent events and i were thinkin why police do treat girls like wh*r*s?
and i were think about the past too
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey Ellie, that sounds rough seeing things in the news that brings back past memories, is that something you would like to talk to us about?
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    @Ed_ i still feel tht ppl want me to fail. how do i get out of tht way of thinking? im thinking about wat i used to do wen i felt bad, everything went downhill after i got r_p_d in 2010. iwen someone comes to the door i sometimes say assertively 'f off' i didnt b4. im doin wat i should've told ppl.
    i still think tht ppl r ready to jump out or authorities to batter me to pieces or ppl coming after me. how do i get of of tht way of thinking?
    dw im gd, i got ppl on hand in i get worried :)
    Crazy mad insane
  • genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 197 Trailblazer
    Hey @ellie2000
    It's very brave of you to speak about your experiences so freely and to open up about it on the boards. You mentioned being strongly affected by what happened in 2010 and how such a traumatic event is negatively affecting your life right now. It's common for people who lived through trauma to experience fear or see things as possibly threatening, it must be very overwhelming. I want to link a resource that may help you make sense of the trauma you experienced

-Safeline offer a range of free services, providing emotional support and confidential chat for anyone who has been raped or sexually abused - no matter how long ago. They also have an Independent Sexual Violence Advisor team who can provide independent practical support and assistance to anyone considering reporting sexual violence to the police, or has already done so. You can contact their general helpline on 0808 800 5008, Monday, Wednesday and Friday 9am-5pm, Tuesday and Thursday 8am-8pm and Saturdays 10am - 2pm. For the mens only/under 18s telephone helpline you can find out more at www.safeline.org.uk, webchat and email are also available via their website.
    -There’s an organisation called Rape Crisis which offers emotional support and information for women and girls over the age of 16 years, who are survivors of rape or childhood sexual abuse. They also have self help resources available on their website www.rapecrisis.org.uk and can help you find your local Rape Crisis Centre. The national helpline is open every day, from 12pm-2.30pm and 7pm-9.30pm. You can call them on 0808 802 9999 or go to their website to access their webchat service with details on their opening times

You also mentioned wanting to get rid of those feelings of paranoia. Have you thought about talking to your GP about it or a friend?
    You can also give SANE a try
    SANE offers support and information to people affected by mental illness. Call their helpline on 0300 304 7000, open 4:30pm - 10:30pm every day

I hope you can find this helpful
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    @genderless_fungi @Ed_ any information or links would b appreciated, I feel like I'm stuck in daily life with feels tht take over
    Crazy mad insane
    edited February 2023
    ppl who i tlk to dont wna hear or dont tlk coz socializing, socail group dont wna hear about troubles, they tend to drift away :( y?
    Crazy mad insane
    edited February 2023
    @genderless_fungi @Ed_ how does a 'drop-in center' work, is it where u can tlk wen ur in dyer need?
    do all towns hav them? or is it better to phone shout, sane n those sortof numbers above?
    Crazy mad insane
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,042 Wise Owl
    edited February 2023
    Hi @ellie2000 I hope your morning has been ok so far, thank you as always for reaching out to us.

I think with regards to a drop in Center they will have trained staff and/or counsellors on site who can help to talk to you about things you are struggling with and help give you some resources,leaflets or other signposting options to further help and support you. I dont think you have to be in really dyer need i think that they will just want to support you no matter what the circumstances.

There should be one in every town however it is always best to check online or phoning even your GP or local support services who may have more information.

It depends on how you feel but in terms of more immediate support shout and other organisations may be more accessible in terms of crisis as the centres probably have set opening hours however i think it is always worth having a look to see what the centres can to help as well as they might have more local services or support groups that you can avail of whereas shout may be more generic

Take care
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.