Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

For people who live or been to London

Past UserPast User In a holePosts: 0 Just got here
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,708 Legendary Poster
    I was born in London, but never been on it. Pretty sure my mum has though I can ask her lol
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 7,993 Master Poster
    The London Eye does go up quite high but you will be safe the whole time. There is some risk of it breaking down but obviously if that does happen, there will be steps taken to make sure you are safe so it is very unlikely that you will fall off. It also goes round quite slowly so you won't need to worry about it going too fast and making you sick. You can get some beautiful views of London.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • Options
    M3GANx04M3GANx04 Posts: 61 Boards Initiate
    @Morgan007 I grew up in London and went on the London Eye once. I was absolutely terrified haha. Hated every second of it as I'm very scared of heights.
    However, I did feel completely safe every second of it. You're in an enclosed space and the risk of it breaking down is so uncommon that it's not really something you have to worry about.
    Worst case scenario you can just sit there and close your eyes. You can't tell you're moving unless you look outside, and there's seats in the middle.
  • Options
    JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 1,982 Extreme Poster
    edited February 2023
    I've been to the Eye many years ago and from what I remember I agree with Megan. It definitely feels safe and you cant even tell you're moving. Also the capsules are pretty big so any claustrophobia shouldn't be a problem (but I was small at the time so idk).
    I am also terrified of heights but I remember I was more scared when I looked at the Eye from below more than when I was inside it, the sheer size of it was making me dizzy I just couldn't look up haha.
    Morgan007 wrote: »
    ●will I fall off?
    ●will I be screaming the whole time?
    ●has it ever broken down?

To answer your questions:
    1) Nope.
    2) Probably not because the trip is around 30 minutes, but that depends how long you're capable of screaming :lol:
    3) The worse that could happen is it just stops for a few minutes (making your journey longer so more worth it!) but I doubt that actually happening.

I hope you have fun!
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 945 Part of The Mix Family
    edited February 2023
    Hi Morgan theirs definetly a primary on oxford street not sure about the Pepsi and coke tho haha.Hope you have a great time
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,294 Community Veteran
    Going to London sounds brilliant. I think the last time I went to London was last month I think. But I was just outside of London as I went to Harry Potter Studios. Last time I was in central London was when I was in sixth form and I will say London is amazing. I got to see the national theatre and I have been to Convent Gardens which is quite nice. It does get quite busy in Convent though but there are lots of street performers and artists which is so interesting to see. I will say make sure to bring plenty of money as I know I definitely was buying a lot of stuff when I was in London. (Also for some reason I find London can be very expensive especially with food; Harry Potter studios was like this with food).

All in all London is a very lovely place full of culture which I love. I hope you enjoy your time in London :)
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,294 Community Veteran
    I backed out of going on the London Eye, I got too scared and burst into tears :'( I feel so embarrassed :(

Hi @Morgan007 you don't have to feel embarrassed about not going on the London Eye as that is totally understandable. Its okay to not have to do things because you feel anxious of doing them. I know the feeling myself with past experiences. Hope you are feeling okay, I'm always here if you want to chat.

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,933 Extreme Poster
    Have u guys been on the London Eye? If so is it scary and can u describe it and I have 3 main questions....
    ●will I fall off?
    ●will I be screaming the whole time?
    ●has it ever broken down?

Yep, I've been a couple times. You won't fall or scream, it's very safe and fun! I think it has broken down a couple of times over the last 20 years, but those are isolated incidents - I really wouldn't worry about them. It's a cool ride to go on, I'd definitely go if you're interested!
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.