Homeโ€บ Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting โœจ

If you're miserable and you know it, clap your hands โœ‹๏ธ ๐Ÿ‘

Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
I'm going to be 100% transparent. I purged two weeks ago. I've been feeling like self harming today. I've got a cold and I'm going through sertraline withdrawals.

I feel shattered.

Comments

• Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    edited September 18
    @Salix_alba_2019 well done for sharing with us
    Have u been doing some self care and prioritising yourself until your feeling better <3 I'm here if you want to talk some more xx

Elloooo @Past User, thank you for the love and support โค๏ธ

I took myself on a walk and saw a few cool dogs so that made me smile.

I might have to be brave and call a help line or bake a cake ๐ŸŽ‚
    Post edited by patrickDev on
  • genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 197 Trailblazer
    Hello @Salix_alba_2019

First of all, well done for reaching out and talking so openly about what's been going on in your life and your mental health. As Morgan said, it's important to take care of yourself, especially when going through difficult times both mentally and physically. I'm happy you went for a walk in the midst of all of this and that it was beneficial to you :)

It's great that you're thinking of calling a helpline, it can be very overwhelming to try and communicate and be vulnerable with others. You probably already have one in mind but I still want to link some more resources you might want to use or might be useful to you going forward.
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) |
    text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email
    jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 |
    email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
    Childline | call 0800 11 11

Every Mind Matters offers practical help and advice on how to cope with your mental health and looking after yourself. They offer support for anxiety, low mood, stress, sleep as well as advice for parents and carers on how to support your children and self care tips for young people. Their 'Mind Plan' is a function that offers support tailored to you. Their website is https://www.nhs.uk/oneyovoicesu/every-mind-matters/ . They also have a dedicated page, specifically about coronavirus and how to look after your mental wellbeing.

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Salix_alba_2019Salix_alba_2019 Deactivated Posts: 1,646 Extreme Poster
    Thank you for your help @genderless_fungi. I wasn't brave enough to use the helpines but I did ended up using my self soothing tool box and quite a few things to knock myself out of this crisis.
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,042 Wise Owl
    Morning @Salix_alba_2019 Sorry to hear you have had a bit of a tough time however im really proud of you for getting through it and using your toolbox to support you through it. Well done! Even if you didnt use the helplines and they arent for everyone i think you are still extremely brave for reaching out to us all in the community and for noticing how you are feeling and taking steps to best support yourself. I hope you have a good Sunday and you know were we are if you need anything today
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • M3GANx04M3GANx04 Posts: 61 Boards Initiate
    I'm going to be 100% transparent. I purged two weeks ago. I've been feeling like self harming today. I've got a cold and I'm going through sertraline withdrawals.

I feel shattered.

Well done for not purging since. I know that once you start it can be quite hard to stop. Thank you for sharing, and I hope you find the strength to keep fighting <3
    I know that I'm a day late, but I hope that you managed to get through the urges.
    As someone who was previously on sertraline, I understand how difficult withdrawals can be. Are you being supported by the medical professional whose lowering your dosage during this time?