Home Gender & Sexuality
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I no wat A Nd bi is

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,981 Community Veteran
edited January 2023 in Gender & Sexuality
But wats a demisexual
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by ebyrne556 on

Comments

• Options
    ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 831 Part of The Mix Family
    edited January 2023
    Hi @ellie2000 Thanks for asking the question! I’ve just moved it to gender/sexuality so that more of the awesome people in the community can see this and also if anyone else knows anymore on the subject :)

I know sometimes it can be confusing to understand each different sexuality but I’ll try my best to explain this.

Demisexuality means that an individual doesn’t experience attraction towards someone from the start of the relationship but only after they have gotten to know the person really well. In fact a lot of people don’t feel any sexual attraction at all.

That’s my understanding of it anyway hope this helps a bit
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    Hey @ellie2000

I think what @ebyrne556 is right. My understanding of demisexuality is that you tend to feel attracted to the person after you have got to know them well and feel emotionally close to them. Someone who is demisexual won't experience that attraction with someone they don't know very well or have only just met. Someone who is demisexual might feel that they can't go on a blind date or have a hook up with someone they barely know but may prefer being friends first and then seeing if any feelings develop. I think it's more about the emotional bond that turns into romantic and sexual attraction rather than just based on what a person is like physically or what you know about them on a surface level. That's what I think anyway :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    JimetteJimette Posts: 85 Budding Regular
    @Maisy totally agree with you~! :3
    Wild Hearts Never Die~ >:3