Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Already another bad year

Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,182 Boards Guru
Why can't I have just ONE good year? I'm sick of this. 2022 was awful and we aren't even past a month into this year but bad things have already happened.
Tw loss and cancer
my dad has lost his mate. My friend is in and out of hospital and theres a possibility of brain cancer. And ive been told tonight that my aunt has bladder cancer...
🦆💜🦆💜🦆

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,507 The Mix Elder
    Chloe234 wrote: »
    Why can't I have just ONE good year? I'm sick of this. 2022 was awful and we aren't even past a month into this year but bad things have already happened.
    Tw loss and cancer
    my dad has lost his mate. My friend is in and out of hospital and theres a possibility of brain cancer. And ive been told tonight that my aunt has bladder cancer...

Hi @Chloe234 it sounds like you are going through a very tough time at the moment. I'm very sorry to hear that friend has been in and out of hospital especially with your aunt too. I can imagine how stressful that situation must be for you. I'm always here if you need someone to talk to.

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,042 Wise Owl
    Hi @Chloe234 I’m sorry that things seem like they have been really tough for you at the moment and I can’t imagine how much stress and upset you must be feeling . Hopefully this year does get better for you and of course we are all always hear for you if you ever want to talk.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • support_squad23support_squad23 Posts: 113 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Chloe234

Feeling as if you are continuously being faced by new hurdles can be exhausting and draining. It can feel so incredibly unfair to encounter yet another difficult issue when you've been through such a tough time already. It's understandable that you're finding this to be hard, such circumstances can be very frustrating and deflating.

It can be hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you feel surrounded only by darkness, but it is there. How have you been coping with this stress so far? We can explore some coping mechanisms and support options together if you'd like. We are by your side.

Take care.
  • kaiikaii Posts: 505 A 7 hour flight or a 45 minute drive?
    Hi @Chloe234, I'm so sorry that this has happened, I can imagine how incredibly upsetting and tough this has been for you.

I just wanted to check how you've been doing lately? Like everyone else has already said, please feel free to write about how you've been feeling here. We're here for you <3

I hope everything gets better for you <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,464 Part of The Furniture
    It's not nice at all when it feels like death is everywhere, or looming over you. A few years ago I had to attend a lot of funerals, and I remember the sense of mortality feeling so inescapable. For the first time maybe ever, I thought about my own death a lot, and it got super dark for a while.

Super rubbish and I hear you @Chloe234. It's no fun at all. :(

I don't know if this helps, but I recently heard someone say 'every year is the year'. Dividing our lives up into years sometimes makes us lose sight of the fact that we're living one continuous life, and while years might be bad, our lives might be good. I'm not sure if that feels relatable or helpful but I thought I'd share it.

This too shall pass. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,465 Wise Owl
    I'm sorry to hear you are going through a tough time at the moment with experiencing loss and illnesses etc. Like everyone above has said we are all here for you so do reach out if you need to

Sending you lots of hugs and I hope this year gets better for you
    Sinead :blush:
  • Chloe234Chloe234 Community Champion Posts: 3,182 Boards Guru
    Thankyou @sinead276 @Mike @kaii @el_rose0110 @ebyrne556 and @Amy22

Still struggling in all honesty and now having friendship issues.
    I feel replaced. I used to have a best friend and we would always be hanging out, and would always tell each other about everything but now she has someone else and idk, she's never really interested in me, it's always "*insert name* this, and *insert name* that" and idk. I'm lucky if she even hangs out with me at breaktimes in school. Like yeah I get she has other friends but she always brags about it in a way to seem like it's not bragging. Idk ig I put up with it but it's her birthday on Friday and she kept going on about how I can come around and meet some of her family and a couple friends but then last week she said "oh yeah I'm sorry but you can't sleep over on my birthday, we have no room" so I was just like okay, fair enough until she told me yesterday *insert name* is staying over on her birthday. That hurt. Felt like a slap in the face.

Everything is just so hard, in school too bc I'm not doing great there either.
    My English teacher basically told me I have no hope with my gcses and I have her today, she's Marking a test that we did too and it's one where she stood infront of the class and said "oh if you didn't get that then you've basically got no hope" and proceeded to go to my friend who was right next to me and go " did you hear that a couple people wrote less than half a page" in such a disgusted voice (I'm 99% sure she knew I was one of them/she had already looked) so that's upset me a bit. I have another test today too so if she sais anything I will probably snap.
    I'm not doing good on any of my tests because there's so much on my mind. Had a breakdown on friday bc the english teacher sayingthat just pulled my last string. I can't keep up
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Hi @Chloe234, thank you so much for being brave to share all of this with us. It's absolutely awful that this has been happening to you.

I relate to your friendship issues - that feeling of being replaced is not nice at all, it's very upsetting. I'm so sorry that you've been experiencing this, it's such a lonely and terrible feeling. Once you have the mental capacity, maybe it would help to talk to your friend about how this is making you feel, so that she can listen to you. I understand that talking face-to-face is so difficult, so you can do this through text as well if it makes you more comfortable. There's completely no rush to do this - you could try it when you feel like it should be said. You could decide to see what happens for the next few days before trying this out. Maybe this will get better.

I'm very sorry that your English teacher said all those terrible words - those words can really harm someone's mental health. I'd like to say to opposite of what she said. You do have hope for your GCSEs. Everything will be okay for you. It's completely alright to put your mental wellbeing first over your studies, since you can't do your best when you're not feeling your best.

Please feel free to continue reaching out ^^ and please take all the time that you need for these feelings to subside. It's so difficult at the moment, but everything is temporary. It will all pass. :)

Sending hugs <3
    Thankyou so much @kaii
    kaii wrote: »
    I relate to your friendship issues - that feeling of being replaced is not nice at all, it's very upsetting. I'm so sorry that you've been experiencing this, it's such a lonely and terrible feeling. Once you have the mental capacity, maybe it would help to talk to your friend about how this is making you feel, so that she can listen to you. I understand that talking face-to-face is so difficult, so you can do this through text as well if it makes you more comfortable. There's completely no rush to do this - you could try it when you feel like it should be said. You could decide to see what happens for the next few days before trying this out. Maybe this will get better.
    Hopefully it'll get better
    I'm very sorry that your English teacher said all those terrible words - those words can really harm someone's mental health. I'd like to say to opposite of what she said. You do have hope for your GCSEs. Everything will be okay for you. It's completely alright to put your mental wellbeing first over your studies, since you can't do your best when you're not feeling your best.
    It's hard, today and yesterday alot more happened.

Yesterday we had another test in her class and we were getting handed lined paper and she gave everyone multiple however then she gave me only one and said infront of the whole class "you'll obviously only need one" what upset me. She then also wouldn't stop staring at me while we were doing the test so I couldn't concentrate and ended up going to one of my fav teachers crying because of her and I was all stressed out ect

So today my friend had decided she had had enough and was going to confront her at break. (which already screams a warning sign) so my friend disappeared at break bit we thought she was joking and I just went to lesson what was with the English teacher what went fine but as I was walking out to go to 4th lesson she asked me to come with her because she was going to have a little chat to me. So I was thinking "okay..."
    So she took me to my pastoral and my friend was in there crying so I just thought "oh god, she hasnt" but then Mrs told me that she had come up to her at break saying that she had done things and stuff and asked me what it was about. So I said about the things she did (at this point I was in tears) but she was just denying it all saying "no no no that was just a joke and when I said about the half a page thing I just meant that some people needs to learn to write quicker, I wouldn't aim it at you" and I was just sat there crying still with my friend next to me when i just burst and said how i feek like im doing way worse than everyone else in lessons, im struggling to keep up bc ive just got so much going on in my home life and im so stressed and they asked a few more questions ect but then the pastoral lady said thay she thinks that i need some support but i said i didnt know bc i didnt want dad to know that im struggling and she meant by struggling did i mean mentally and i just nodded so she then asked if I talk to anyone in school what I told the truth and said no so then the she said that it sounds like I've got no confidence in myself and a very low self esteem, she said that I've been holding it in for so long and I need someone to talk to about it because its not good for me to keep it in, she said that im quite a quiet and sensitive person who seems to hide alot and she asked if she could get me some help asap and I just nodded because I've just reached it with my mental health. My English teacher then gave me some revision books and sent me back to class but now I feel so drained and low

🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Hi @Chloe234, I would just like to check how you've been doing these past few days? I hope you've been well <3
    kaii wrote: »
    Hi @Chloe234, I would just like to check how you've been doing these past few days? I hope you've been well <3

Hi kai, I've been struggling but ill be fine thankyou
    🦆💜🦆💜🦆
    Sending hugs with whatever you're going through @Chloe234, your struggles will eventually go away <3