Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Time

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,000 Community Veteran
edited January 2023 in General Chat
How many minutes b4 do u set off 4 a thing, Scandinavia like to get to things 5mins b4 is tht same in uk
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Hm, I like that you've compared to other cultures @ellie2000 , very good question! i think each person is different as well, like i personally get very stressed at the prospect of being late or that the trains won't run on time so i like to leave myself a solid bit of additional time for worst case scenarios. Equally, it definitely puts more stress on me when planning so not sure how 'healthy' it is for me to do this?

For you, do you like to head out right on time, really early or can you be a bit late?

I think in the UK when it comes to working styles it'll depend on the sector you're in, like at supermarket jobs they can get really aggy if you're even 1 minute late, whereas others might be more flexible. And, in terms of social expecations I reckon each friend group differs, some of my friends will be literally an hour late and others will be ten minutes early every time, so it's nice to be aware of that when i plan leaving the house.

What do you think? xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,000 Community Veteran
    @AislingDM if its something u r told to do, u get there 5mins early, some ppl r really plzd that u there and there wen the other person arrives and those ppl who get angry coz they want u to fail
    it did my head in, i werent allowed to it coz coz they were much higher
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,132 Part of The Furniture
    I can hear how you like to be early @ellie2000, especially if it's something you are told to do. It is really positive to hear how you set yourself up for success, even when other people want you to fail.

I have moved your post to the travel and free time section. This is just to enable more people in our wonderful community to see and respond to your thread :)
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    So true @ellie2000 , I do honestly believe in the saying 'some people are praying on my downfall', not because everyone is 'evil' or 'out to get us' but because people can become jealous easily. We compare ourselves to one another on a daily basis and so when we succeed others can feel inadequate by comparison even though that is not what we intended.

It's certainly not fair of others to make you feel this way. But, as @Laura_tigger82 says, love to see you hold your head up high and be early as you wish in spite of a lack of support <3