Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Aged 16-25? Share your experience of using the discussion boards and receive a £25 voucher! Take part via text-chat, video or phone. Click here to find out more and to take part.
Options

Wen I used to tell ppl

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,154 Community Veteran
Y did ppl believe 'professional' ppl instead of wat I was trying to say about
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    @Morgan007 not all did their job properly, ppl ĺike ppl whowere suppose to look after me didn't, even wen I was in turmoil, they knew when I was weakest. Just a vent/rant. Soz
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,172 Part of The Furniture
    It sounds difficult that you do not feel like you were believed @ellie2000. Not least as you have mentioned that people who were supposed to look after you didn't, even when you were in turmoil.

It seems like you feel let down by these people who instead believed 'professional' people. Am I hearing this right? We are here with you if you would like to share more with us.

You are absolutely welcome to vent and rant here. We are all here for you and listening to you and you matter to us <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I h8 those who break thier job rules
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    I can really hear your frustration @ellie2000. Is this something that you have experienced recently? <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    I'm without those now 😊. how do u settle in a new place?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    It sounds really positive that you are without those now @ellie2000. However, I am hearing that you are struggling to settle into a new place.

Am I hearing this right and is this your new house or somewhere else? If it is moving house, you might find this resource by Childline helpful as it provides some tips for moving to a new home.

We are all here for you and listening to you too Ellie. You don't have to face this alone :)
  • Options
    im moving soon to a complex with stay-in staff :)
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I completely agree with the original bit of this post, I think sometimes people hide behind their qualifications and their skills to not confront the fact that they've not done a great job at supporting someone! A person can become qualified as a professional and still not have good advice or be the right help for you. It's defnitely made worse by people looking to trust professionals over you about your own pain.

How are you feeling about living in a space with stay-in staff @ellie2000 ? x
  • Options
    @AislingDM i was asking myself some what ifs, does past trauma make u ask urself questions n worry? i get uncertain bc i get told every1's sorting it
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Really insightful question @ellie2000 , and I think the answer can explain a lot about how you react in the present day as a result of the negative things you've experienced.

Online, there are a lot of super science-y academic articles about the links between trauma and living in a state of constantly asking yourself hypothetical questions (or 'what-ifs'). They talk a lot about how the immense fear and pain caused by a trauma can leave the person feeling unable to carry on with day-to-day life without constantly worrying about the trauma happening again or other questions about how the trauma influences our perceptions of the world.

For example, some people who experience sexual trauma can become fearful of the event happening again but can also just generally fearful of other things, like jumping at loud noises or asking themselves 'what-ifs' about the other people in their lives (e.g., what if my husband did this to me too?).

Regardless of whether these what-ifs are 'rational' or 'realistic' they are still petrifying and overwhelming and are completely understandable in the wake of such awful experiences.

I'm wondering if you'd like to talk about the kinds of what-ifs going through your head at the moment, Ellie? <3