Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

NAPs

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
R they normal, n is it unhealthy to fight, is it rude to go 4 a nap if u hav ppl over wen Ur tired
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• cocobeancocobean Moderator, Staff Posts: 35 Boards Initiate
    Hey @ellie2000 thanks for reaching out <3

Firstly, you asked whether taking a nap is normal. I personally think that this may depend on the person, and I always think it's good to listen to your body. Would you feel comfortable talking to a doctor about this? They may be able to give you a better assessment by discussing your sleeping patterns and other things with you.

I might be reading into this too much, but am I right in understanding that taking a nap may have caused an argument? If so, that sounds like a difficult situation and I hope you're doing OK as can be.

Please let us know how you're getting on, it can be tough when you're navigating tiredness and various relationships.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    @cocobean not argument. Staying awake wen u really want to sleep?
    Crazy mad insane
  • HollyPearlHollyPearl Moderator, Staff Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    edited December 2022
    Hi @ellie2000, as @cocobean suggested, I think it would be helpful to speak to a doctor about your sleep and try to understand a bit more about why you might be feeling the need to nap. Feeling tired could be connected to your mental or physical health, so your doctor would be able to help you work this out. Fighting the urge the nap can be hard so don't feel bad if you're unable to sometimes. It might help to explain this to your friends and family to help them understand what's going on for you. The most important thing is to look after yourself <3 Let us know how you are getting on :)
  • HarryIsHereHarryIsHere Posts: 16 Settling in
    Hey @ellie2000, I see you've got a few questions about sleep, in particular naps.

I found this article "How much sleep do I need?" really helpful for understanding how much sleep we should get, how to get better sleep and signs you're not getting enough sleep. Might you find this useful as well?

I agree with @cocobean and @hollypearl that it would be worthwhile speaking to your GP about this (here's how to find a doctor and book an appointment). Especially if you're finding it hard to stay awake in the day and this is affecting your relationships too. How are you feeling today?

Let us know how you get on <3.
    @HarryIsHere @HollyPearl I just play elden ring coz tht game is excellent for escaping the world. How do I feeling content with myself, after leaving a place tht had trauma?
    Crazy mad insane
    I do think it's a nuisance to ppl 😞
    Crazy mad insane
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    edited January 2023
    It is really positive that you enjoy playing a game which helps you to escape the world @ellie2000. Distraction sounds really important to you.

It sounds really difficult that you are struggling to feel content with yourself after leaving a place that had trauma. What do you think is a nuisance to people?

We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to talk to us more about this. You don't have to navigate this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.