Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

🥁🎷🎹🎺🎸🎙If we created a band...🎶

Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
It appears that quite a few of us are actually quite musical. So I'm keen to know, in a dream world where The Mix created a band:
  1. What would be your role (what instrument, vocals or tech)
  2. What song would we play?

I'll be backing vocals for any musical song - bonus points if it's disney!!

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,671 The Mix Elder
    I can play guitar so maybe either guitar or like backing vocals. Hey we could cover Circle of life by Elton John out of The Lion King.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Emma_Emma_ Community Manager Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
    ah yess! Maybe we could have some dancers to reenact the scenes from the film :D
  • kaiikaii Posts: 534 Incredible Poster
    I can play piano and sing a little :smiley: Circle of Life sounds pretty awesome to cover hahah. We could probably also do Hakuna Matata if you're up for it! Or any song from Princess and the Frog XD
    Alrightyyy, sounds like The Mix production of The Lion King is coming to a theatre near you in 2023 :p

So we've got vocals, guitar, piano and our front row audience - who else is joining our production?!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Deactivated Posts: 46 Boards Initiate
    backing vocals from me. Love to sing.
    Could you bring the whole choir along @Charlotte47 ??

giphy.gif
  • Former MemberFormer Member Moderator, Staff Posts: 40 Boards Initiate
    I've always wanted to learn the drums! I'm up for drumming along to Hakuna Matata =)
  • This content has been removed.
    edited September 18
    @Past User do you think you could dance whilst playing the clarinet? I think that might add something special into our band :p
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • Former MemberFormer Member Deactivated Posts: 3 Newbie
    Tbf not got much to offer musically, I used to be able to play the recorder... and I could once play Beat Again by JLS on the keyboard. Happy to support with vibes and questionable interpretive dancing though! 😅
    Some backing dancers would be ace - lots of animals to play in Lion King ahah. Although I'm sure some interpretive version of Beat Again might be just what we're looking for :D@lydia99
  • Former MemberFormer Member Deactivated Posts: 3 Newbie
    Anyone got any weddings or parties coming that they haven't been able to sort the entertainment for yet?
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) Posts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    edited September 18
    Past User wrote: »
    I play guitar and piano.

I write songs too.

oooo @Past User do you wanna write a song to add into our Lion King production?!
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) Posts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DancerDancer Community Champion Posts: 8,101 Legendary Poster
    I can sing. I've also written my own song though.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    "I'm going to get strong again and see you soon. " ~ Anonymous 
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,575 Extreme Poster
    The band sounds amazing so far - let me know when the performance is so I can support with @lydia99 through "vibes and questionable interpretive dance" coz I'm also pretty good at that =)
    Emma_ wrote: »
    Some backing dancers would be ace - lots of animals to play in Lion King ahah. Although I'm sure some interpretive version of Beat Again might be just what we're looking for :D@lydia99

We need someone's younger sibling to use as the baby Simba.
    "There's a part of me I can't get back. A little girl grew up too fast. All it took was once. I'll never be the same." ~ Demi Lovato
    "The way that I have found the light in my life is through the expressive arts because I know that I will be accepted for the way I am." ~ Me
    Dancer wrote: »

I'll ask around and see if we can borrow a baby for the performance :D do you think a puppy might work instead?

I'll ask around and see if we can borrow a baby for the performance :D do you think a puppy might work instead?

This is what I got the idea from. https://youtu.be/_Xfpf5lUmWU But let's maybe not do this no matter how tempting it is. https://youtu.be/mYl6PVLA_zw
    Unfortunately I got no babies to do this with but maybe one of my plushies lol???
  • edited May 2023
    This content has been removed.
  • JJLemon18JJLemon18 Community Champion Posts: 2,056 Boards Champion
    This idea sounds so cool! Can I join too please?? I can do the... wait, I can't do anything lol.
    The only thing I can 'play' is the piano, but you already have a pianist. So I thought maybe I could try to do some beat in the background but you already have a drummer. And I can neither dance nor (and especially not) sing haha. I can be a great audience with @sinead276! :smiley:
    But let's maybe not do this no matter how tempting it is. https://youtu.be/mYl6PVLA_zw
    We could use my younger brother for this! :lol: Though he's a bit older than a 'baby' unfortunately.
    Believe in me - who believes in you
  • ebyrne556ebyrne556 Moderator Posts: 1,111 Wise Owl
    Such a good plan id be down i can play guitar
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited May 2023
    ebyrne556 wrote: »
    Such a good plan id be down i can play guitar

Same here I can also play guitar too, I could mix between my ukulele and my guitar :lol:. Wait if we can't find a baby to play Simba then we could use my Ukulele lol