Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Reassurance phrases

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
At the end of the 24th (xmas) I ask a question like 'hav I been gd?' Is tht a confidence issue. I ask ppl 'is everything OK?' Wen I go somewhere n I want to sure everyone is happy. Does it come from past trauma or is it deeper
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    Xmas I enjoyed but I get uncertain sometimes
    Crazy mad insane
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    You have been really brave in acknowledging this and sharing it with us @ellie2000. How are you feeling today?

Hopefully, you can enjoy Christmas. We are all here for you and listening to you though if you would like to talk to us about anything :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    edited September 18
    @Past User @Laura_tigger82 I'm gd I celebrated Xmas on the 24th n 25th, but presents on 24th. I didn't listen to xmas songs or xmas films. And I didn't listen to 'last Christmas' I slept bc the grown-ups had control of the the tele, so I went to bed. I bought games n played them.
    Y do ppl worrying so much make u spring into action or worse feelings?
    Post edited by patrickDev on
    Crazy mad insane
  • boaboa Moderator, Staff Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    Thank you for sharing this with us @ellie2000. I'm sending hugs your way. When I realise that I am worrying I try to do something to disrupt those thoughts and to make me think about something else.
    @boa how do I do tht
    Crazy mad insane
  • jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Is there anything you like to do Ellie, any hobbies. Doing those things may distract you from those thoughts.
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
    @jess63 I like playing games would u no wat popular steam or gog games there r?
    Crazy mad insane
  • boaboa Moderator, Staff Posts: 29 Boards Initiate
    @ellie2000, I think that one technique that helped me the most over the years was practicing mindfulness or meditation in general. It teaches us how to take control over our minds. Practicing mindfulness or meditation is not always easy. I often find during the practice that my mind goes wondering again and again, which is natural; it's ok. However, it taught me to be able to recognise that when it happens and to take control again. Yoga can also help with this. I am currently really enjoying the stuff from Boho Beautiful https://youtube.com/watch?v=uTN29kj7e-w