Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Simple English plz about house

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,972 Community Veteran
edited December 2022 in Home, Law & Money
Is there a mould management if u got it growing in Ur house tht u can do urself. To prevent it from turning into a mandrake out of Harry potter
Crazy mad insane
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,313 Part of The Furniture
    A bleach and water mixture should do it @ellie2000. :) If it keeps happening, it means your house is damp, so look for anything that might be making your house wet. A common one is people drying washing inside without having enough ventilation.
    The truth resists simplicity.
  • Options
    JonAddoJonAddo Deactivated Posts: 19 Settling in
    edited December 2022
    Hey @ellie2000 - great question, I've had to deal with this problem a lot. I hope these tips can help:
    • Try to keep your house well ventilated where possible
    • Wipe windows down if they are wet in the morning
    • Use anti-mould sprays when there is a build up
    • If it's in the edges of a wall or tiles, use a bleach and water mixture with tissue paper; press the wet paper into the spaces and leave over night

I hope this helps!
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I agree, with all of the advice above. To be totally honest, the most effective immediate treatment for mould are cheapish sprays like this:

fyk4pxony7do.png

However, that obviously does not stop mould from forming in the first place. Given this, some people opt for relatively cheap preventative tools like:

1) disposable dehumidifiers
    2) anti-mould paint
    3) try to wrap up warm if you're at home all day rather than turning the heating on and off (I suggest this because most people can't afford to have the heating on all day to avoid mould from forming).

I hope some of these suggestions can be useful for you @ellie2000 <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.