Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Friday night support chat (18/11)

Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
edited November 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
This thread tonight in place of support chat, which is a space to talk through any thing that may be on your mind. As always, please make sure you check out the guidelines before posting and remember that replies may be a bit slower than you'd expect in chat.

It's just me on the mod front, so let's all be there for each other where we can tonight ☺️

If you need a break or a bit of light hearted relief, we will be using the general chit chat thread too.
FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,910 Legendary Poster
    I’m struggling. Don’t know why don’t know if I’ll talk much but just everyting has a negative spin in my brain.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    edited September 18
    Past User wrote: »
    Hey @Ed_ how r u

I'm doing well thanks, how are you?
    Post edited by patrickDev on
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

I’m struggling. Don’t know why don’t know if I’ll talk much but just everyting has a negative spin in my brain.

We are here if and when you want to talk @independent_ - never easy when our brain is really focusing on a negative angle with everything, though it is good that you can identify that, as can be very easy to not recognise the negative lenses

edited September 18
    @Ed_ im not good tbh but glad u are

What's been going on for you?

Ah that's rough, what's been going on at school for you?

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,910 Legendary Poster
    Thanks guys. Supposed to be going out tomorrow and if i wanted to cancel I’d have to say the real reason. Meh
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
    Ah that's a really tricky situation for you, no one has the right to make you feel that unsafe. I always think bully's must have to feel pretty small to do these things so that they can feel big. Have you found things that can help reduce the pain that the bullying is creating?

edited September 18
    I'm gonna go, its not the same without leyla sorry. Night

We'll be here if you want to come back later on Morgan, but also okay if you aren't feeling it tonight. Look after yourself, you are deserving of kindness and care and we are all rooting for you ❤️

Thanks guys. Supposed to be going out tomorrow and if i wanted to cancel I’d have to say the real reason. Meh

What's the plans for tomorrow, and what about it means you'd have to say the real reason?

• Mel_Mel_ Posts: 592 Incredible Poster
    Hi,

I’m so exhausted tonight it’s been a long few weeks and I feel like I haven’t stopped mentally 😭
    Mel_ wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m so exhausted tonight it’s been a long few weeks and I feel like I haven’t stopped mentally 😭

Hey Mel, well done on reaching out tonight when things have been so tiring for you recently. Hopefully we can create a space where you can slow things down mentally and allow yourself to process some of the things you've been holding. What has been on your mind recently?

Ed_ wrote: »
    Hi,

Hey Mel, well done on reaching out tonight when things have been so tiring for you recently. Hopefully we can create a space where you can slow things down mentally and allow yourself to process some of the things you've been holding. What has been on your mind recently?

I don’t know. I was in hospital last night & came back early hours this morning, it was one of the nicer psych people who kinda said she was upset to hear that I was in hospital the week previous due to an attempt…and idk how to even feel about that honestly
  • Millie2787Millie2787 Community Champion Posts: 5,190 Part of The Furniture
    Evonining
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.
    When you say you don't know how to feel about it, do you mean the psych person being kind, or what led you to be in hospital?

Millie2787 wrote: »
    Evonining

Hey Millie, how are things?

When you say you don't know how to feel about it, do you mean the psych person being kind, or what led you to be in hospital?

The person being kind aha. Idk no one (verbally) in person has said they cared/was worried when I attempted and yeah idk.

She’s one of my fav people to see there though

The person being kind aha. Idk no one (verbally) in person has said they cared/was worried when I attempted and yeah idk.

Kindness in our hardest moments can feel strange because everything else in our lives feels like it is falling apart, but that kindness can be really useful to hold as tightly as you can onto as it can help be part of the way forward and away from these feelings. Really glad that you had someone there that showed genuine care at that moment

I am very nervous , my appointment for my MRI scan came through yesterday
    Sometimes all you need is one person to believe in you , for you to begin to believe in yourself.

Kindness in our hardest moments can feel strange because everything else in our lives feels like it is falling apart, but that kindness can be really useful to hold as tightly as you can onto as it can help be part of the way forward and away from these feelings. Really glad that you had someone there that showed genuine care at that moment

I guess. Even my care Co kinda dismissed it almost. Not saying she didn’t care but I guess she probably experiences people attempting and idk…it was just weird because I just didn’t think anyone even cared about what I did…
    Mel sending you some gentle hugs , I know your really going through it at the moment <3

That's a big step forward, though can totally appreciate why that will feel nerve-wracking. When is it for? Is someone able to come with you for support?

Mel sending you some gentle hugs , I know your really going through it at the moment <3

Thank you…it’s been a lot recently.

I guess. Even my care Co kinda dismissed it almost. Not saying she didn’t care but I guess she probably experiences people attempting and idk…it was just weird because I just didn’t think anyone even cared about what I did…

The thing is, it doesn't matter if they have seen it happen before, ultimately you are an individual experiencing distressing thoughts and feelings, and that is something that deserves care and support. There are certainly lots of people here that care what happened and are very glad that you are still with us :3

That's a big step forward, though can totally appreciate why that will feel nerve-wracking. When is it for? Is someone able to come with you for support?

It’s in December , and annoyingly it’s at 7pm 😩 I haven’t got anyone who can come with me but I rang and spoke to the Autism/Learning disability team at the hospital today and she was lovely . She said they only work 8-4 but is going to have alook at where I’m having the scan and who’s working to see if she can work the hours, for one of them to maybe be with me . She also said we can try numbing cream before they cannulate me for the contrast and that she’s going to send me over some more information they have about the MRI process

The thing is, it doesn't matter if they have seen it happen before, ultimately you are an individual experiencing distressing thoughts and feelings, and that is something that deserves care and support. There are certainly lots of people here that care what happened and are very glad that you are still with us :3

It just didn’t feel like people really cared honestly, almost as if what I did was so normal for them (even the nurses there) that no one realised how distressed I was actually in to even do that.
    I think it’s very different for it to be said here than to be said in person and without me even mentioning it kinda thing idk.
    Ah that's great that they are looking to be flexible, so important that they make health accessible to all :) 7 is late as though! Hopefully not too difficult to get to?

It just didn’t feel like people really cared honestly, almost as if what I did was so normal for them (even the nurses there) that no one realised how distressed I was actually in to even do that.
    I think it’s very different for it to be said here than to be said in person and without me even mentioning it kinda thing idk.

I totally hear you. When you haven't had that experience in your offline life, it can be hard to trust that people online will truly care, particularly when we are behind a screen, but from my experience, there are lots of genuine people out there that will show kindness and compassion and will be there for you at times when you need it.

Ah that's great that they are looking to be flexible, so important that they make health accessible to all :) 7 is late as though! Hopefully not too difficult to get to?

Gonna be a little tricky to get to but hopefully figure it out
    We are coming towards the end of chat tonight, so wanted to make sure that people have a few options to unwind from some of the things we have talked about. Here are a few suggestions, however do share your go to distraction techniques too:

Watch this enjoyable video to learn about the history of the entire world, I guess
    See if you can beat The Impossible Quiz
    Let's go and see what the Pandas are up to

Just dropping a few support options that are there throughout the night if you would like to talk to someone. Do reach out, you deserve to feel cared and listened to :3
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
    Childline | call 0800 11 11