Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I done it again

Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,506 The Mix Elder
Hi, sorry for this post like I know this is probably the most silliest thing I would post on here but it's been on my mind all day. So I better get it off my chest.

So, today I was on Instagram and I saw this post of some funny memes that I wanted to repost to my story. Therefore I did so. However I decided to click on the profile of the original post and they mentioned something about credit. I realised that I forgot to credit them in my story. I am annoyed with myself, how could I forget something important as that??. I often overthink the little things a lot. I am still new to instagram so was unsure of this. I only wanted to repost the two posts to show to my friends. Why do I feel like such a bad person now. Why is it now that I have relapsed back into my anxiety again?. I hate having an overthinking relapse :(. I feel like I'm becoming a monster again like last year.
Just a person who likes pop culture and films

Comments

• kaiikaii Posts: 505 A 7 hour flight or a 45 minute drive?
    Hey @Amy22, thank you so much for sharing what has been on your mind. First off, I'd just like to say that what you mentioned wasn't silly at all. We're always here to listen to you <3

As an overthinker myself, I relate to what you said - even though overthinking can help us become more sensitive to details in our surroundings, it can feel draining most of the time. Since you mentioned that you're still new to Instagram, I would just like to say that this is a valid reason to make the mistake of not crediting. You're still navigating your way through the app and its environment, so please don't be too hard on yourself, there's no shame in making mistakes at all, it's completely okay. :smile:

I'm really sorry to hear that you've relapsed. I just want to tell you that relapsing doesn't destroy the progress you've made when dealing with your anxiety/overthinking. You are not becoming a monster, and you weren't a monster to begin. You're trying your best and that's okay.

Here's a few things that have helped me with my overthinking, I hope that these can help you too:

- Mindfulness meditation: Daily Calm and Headspace are YouTube channels I recommend. Just doing 10 minutes of meditation each day can have a lot of benefits ^^ you can also focus your attention on routines such as washing the dishes, which helps you focus on the present.

- Journaling/writing down all your thoughts: Writing down all your thoughts (or typing them on here) can give you the feeling of releasing something heavy off your chest.

- Going out for a walk: Immersing yourself in nature may help reduce stress and calm your nerves, as well as improve your mood.

I hope this helps and that you feel better <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • genderless_fungigenderless_fungi Moderator Posts: 197 Trailblazer
    Hello @Amy22

I'm really sorry you feel like you're relapsing, I know that overthinking might make small mistakes look really difficult to overcome and you mentioned that, because of this situation, you're viewing yourself in a more negative light. I second what @kaii said about not blaming yourself and seeing your mental health journey as a process that's continuously evolving. A setback does not erase the fact that you came a long way, at the end of the day you're only human and making mistakes does not make you a monster.

All the advice you already received was already really good and I just want to add some services you could contact if you wanted to:
    Mind offers advice and support to people with mental health problems. Their helpline runs nine to six from Monday to Friday. 0300 123 3393
    SANE offers support and information to people affected by mental illness. Call their helpline on 0300 304 7000, open 4:30pm - 10:30pm every day.
    AnxietyUK run helplines, email support, live chats and therapy services for people with anxiety disorders. 08444 775 774

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Amy22Amy22 Posts: 4,506 The Mix Elder
    Thank you so much @Kaii and @genderless_fungi I am feeling much better today actually. I did manage to go on the support chat last night too and I talked to my mum about how I felt which made me feel a lot better. I do feel like sometimes I am being too hard on myself and I actually need to take the pressure off myself.
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    It is really positive to hear you are starting to feel much better @Amy22. Glad to hear the support chat and talking to your mum has made you feel a lot better.

You have mentioned feeling like sometimes you are being too hard on yourself and you actually need to take the pressure off yourself. Would you like to tell us more about this?

We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us. Please feel free to keep us in the loop with how you are doing :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.