Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Stuff world's gone shizle

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
Why do the council mess up stuff, can boilers blow up with wat temperature u set it.
How do u regenerate urself wen Ur emotionally exhausted? How do u say Ur tired without being rude?
Why does tiredness make Ur head whirl?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    All great questions @ellie2000 ! I'll try to answer each of them as best I can <3

1) I reckon a lot of local councils are trying their best with the limited money they have. Because the government continues to gut public sector services and charities that are supported, and implemented, by local government/councils, we only see the aftereffects of losing support, without clearly seeing who has taken it away from us! Equally, it depends on each council. What is the problem with yours at the minute?

2) In absolute worst case scenarios, a boiler blowing up is a possibility, however, it is very unlikely, especially if you give the boiler some time on and some time off.

3) Sometimes, I like to do something completely random that I never would have done before, like go to a pottery class. Because it forces you, rather quickly, to think of life from a new perspective. This method only works if you are looking to adjust your emotional state rapidly. Equally, some people prefer to slowly work themselves out of emotional exhaustion. So, for this, I might suggest, planning a treat or a reward for yourself at the end of a difficult day. Even having something like this to look forward to can be extremely useful in invoking a sense of excitement, thereby moving away from emotional exhaustion.

4) If it is late in the evening you could just say 'oh look at the time, it's really getting up there, and I'm due to be awake early tomorrow. Can't wait to talk to you again soon, good night xx'. However, if it's just during the day and you're more emotionally tired, you could say 'I've got a lot on at the moment, so many balls to juggle all at once, it's hard to keep focus. I'd better go, so I don't drop one! haha' and you can turn it into a joke. Equally, I personally believe that being honest about being emotionally drained is a valid thing to do, and you can say it as simply as 'I'm so emotionally depleted today, honestly, it's rather distracting'.

5) I think when we are so emotionally drained and tired, any tiny emotion can become overwhelming to us, and hence, our head begins to whirl at the slightest provocation. So, maybe it's just because our mind needs space to be completely unproductive to recover from so many emotional burdens?

I hope these answers can be useful xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.