Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

wat the full moon does

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
does it effect bahavior
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ellie2000, I think it's common for people to believe that a full moon affects peoples behaviour and makes them act differently to normal, but I think it is actually a myth. After a quick search I've found that apparently it can affect peoples sleep which can make them act slightly different to normal but other than that it doesn't affects peoples behaviour. What do you think about this?
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    Bipolar, mania, ptsd feelings with anxietyand depression in ppl highton during full moons. More panic attacks. More police visits to the vulnerable
    Crazy mad insane
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Yes, very insightful point @ellie2000 !! A lot of people argue that the moon has an extremely strong effect on all states of emotion, and this is, in part, where some myths about werewolves originate, like an animal manifestation of difficult human emotions.

To me, it only seems logical that the moon would affect us so, especially as the sun can entirely change how we feel for months at a time (e.g., Seasonal Affective Disorder and the lack of sun making people more susceptible to negative thinking patterns).
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.