Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

streaming dangers

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
can u get stalkers via youtube, gaming content. coz ppl r worried i will get trouble.
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I think it's definitely a good question and a reasonable concern @ellie2000 <3 It's not to say that there are millions of stalkers prowling around on every online app, however, we do have to consciously think of our safety on the internet to consider any behaviours that stalkers might target. I think for this reason, parents and relatives can have a high-level of concern for maintaining privacy/anonymity on these platforms.

It seems like this is something the people around you are quite concerned about, can you think of any reason why they are feeling so worried?

Also, if you need at any point, or to learn more, here is a link to a list of websites about stalking and how to get support in those scary times:

https://www.gov.uk/report-stalker

<3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    i still feel unsafe somedays, police dont help, i feel like im stuck wen everything was good but it became bad. even stuff u enjoy gets u in trouble
    Crazy mad insane
    It's such an upsetting thing to accept @ellie2000 , that you cannot rely upon the likes of the police to feel safe, and given your experiences with them, it's no wonder that you are distrustful of them :(

I'm curious about your point about 'even stuff you enjoy gets you in trouble', could you tell me more about this @ellie2000 ? <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    i feel cautious of wat i can do bc i gone through terrible stuff. ppl scared me thts why i close in recently bcoz of thinking. i still feel ppl can still tell me off by wat i can do
    Crazy mad insane
    Very true @ellie2000 , others are very interested in how we live our lives, especially when these are choices they do not agree with. The concern with that is that you feel completely observed when you are just trying to exist and you certainly don't want people telling you what to do when you are an adult :/ Who tells you what to do Ellie?
    not recently but i think ppl r still around to spoil my fun. ppl say 'our spies told us' which we're in england, spying is illegal. tht words make me not go out and scared, n to isolate myself
    thts y i asked about leaving the house and how u do it
    Crazy mad insane
  • jess63jess63 Posts: 287 The Mix Regular
    Hi @ellie2000, I'm hearing that you feel scared about leaving the house. That sounds tough. You're right spying in England is illegal. I think I've heard the phrase 'our spies told us' before used in a similar way to 'a little bird told me'. Have you ever heard that phrase before? It's a phrase people sometimes use if a friend or someone has told them something but they don't want to say who the friend is.

Leaving the house can be difficult at times, is there anything you do that makes it feel easier? For example going out with someone else or finding something to distract you whilst you're out of the house.
    The steps you take don't have to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.
    This is a true point from @jess63 , often when people talk about extreme situations like 'spies', they are speaking 'hyperbolically' which just means they are speaking in extremes to get some kind of emotional reaction out of you @ellie2000 ! So, this could mean that they are saying 'the spies let me know that you're not eating all your vegetables' because they just want you to eat your veg and be healthy. It's a technique that is used a lot with children.

Regardless, feeling scared of leaving your house and not knowing who is watching you is definitely a scary situation to be in, almost like you do not know who you can trust. It is only reasonable that this leads you to isolate yourself from those around you out of worry. Perhaps talking about these worries might be useful? What are you scared might happen if you stop isolating yourself? xx