Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

boris

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,971 Community Veteran
wat gd did he do, it seemed like all the outside sources had to work together
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    StephanieStephanie Moderator Posts: 1,084 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000

Just wanted to check in to see how you are doing?
                                   "Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times if only one remembers to turn on the light" - Albus Dumbledore 

"Like when I was down you just had that smile that made me feel like everything's worthwhile. Thinking of the day when you went away, what a life to take, what a bond to break, I'll be missing you"

FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    wats the energy thing about, i posted about 'energy prices n wellbeing' acouple days ago
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    It seems like the cost of energy going up is going to have a real negative effect upon people's mental health for a few reasons @ellie2000 :

1) prices going up is generally quite stressful, as people have to reallocate their money and re-budget their families' lives. This is a challenging task, and there may not be enough money to get everything that is needed (e.g., pay for heating and for nutritious food).

2) people are, understandably, feeling distrustful of the government and why it has been so comfortable leaving the most vulnerable people to suffer under the cost of living crisis. This kind of political unrest is always bound to leave people feeling more depressed and hopeless about the corner they've been pushed into.

3) cost of energy increasing has effects, not only in terms of freezing in the winter, but it also means that people will have to sacrifice their 'wants' in favour of their needs. So, people may choose to cancel their Netflix subscription to save that little bit extra every month. And whilst this may seem like something small, it shows how people's lives are stripped back to the bare bones, so people are not really allowed to enjoy their lives anymore. This is bound to make people feel more depressed and less passionate about their own life.

There are certainly other reasons, but these are just my thoughts on why people are so hurt and disenfranchised at the minute. What do you think, Ellie? xx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    ITS ALL PUTINS FOUGHT wats hpning with tht, at least liz truss seems decent, i think the queen died coz she found out there was another tory goverment
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    AislingDM wrote: »
    It seems like the cost of energy going up is going to have a real negative effect upon people's mental health for a few reasons @ellie2000 :

1) prices going up is generally quite stressful, as people have to reallocate their money and re-budget their families' lives. This is a challenging task, and there may not be enough money to get everything that is needed (e.g., pay for heating and for nutritious food).

2) people are, understandably, feeling distrustful of the government and why it has been so comfortable leaving the most vulnerable people to suffer under the cost of living crisis. This kind of political unrest is always bound to leave people feeling more depressed and hopeless about the corner they've been pushed into.

3) cost of energy increasing has effects, not only in terms of freezing in the winter, but it also means that people will have to sacrifice their 'wants' in favour of their needs. So, people may choose to cancel their Netflix subscription to save that little bit extra every month. And whilst this may seem like something small, it shows how people's lives are stripped back to the bare bones, so people are not really allowed to enjoy their lives anymore. This is bound to make people feel more depressed and less passionate about their own life.

There are certainly other reasons, but these are just my thoughts on why people are so hurt and disenfranchised at the minute. What do you think, Ellie? xx

That's certainly the truth! It's a very tough time, and it only seems to be getting worse. Why our dearest leaders thought now was a good time to pursue war I'd like to know. Seems we should be investing that money in our own nations on our own people at this time of most need? It's certainly sad to see this state of affairs.
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    ITS ALL PUTINS FOUGHT wats hpning with tht, at least liz truss seems decent, i think the queen died coz she found out there was another tory goverment

It's hardly entirely Putin's fault, though he must shoulder some of blame for being a part of these events. However, his interests are for Russia and the Russian people, I doubt he cares what affect he has on the West. If anything, he's probably hoping other countries vote for people who aren't as eager for conflict with Russia, rather than supporting further actions against them.
  • Options
    Is Liz truss going to be for the people
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    Is Liz truss going to be for the people

None of them ever are, just look at their backgrounds and other interests. They're looking out for themselves and their career while making as much money as they can on the side. I didn't agree with him, but Corbyn was definitely a refreshing change. Look at what happened to him, though.
  • Options
    It's such a true and interesting point @Teh_Gerbil , wondering what this government's long-term approach shall be. Especially with the recent budget changes, I'm sure people are going to be in an uproar about it (and rightly so), this current set-up is not sustainable for the majority of people and I just hope we can gain some perspective soon so that people are not left to die :(

I think it's a great question you pose @ellie2000 , some people might argue that we have to wait and see what she produces as a leader, others might say that she has changed her beliefs drastically throughout her life which makes people feel distrustful of her. I certainly understand Teh Gerbil's point about worrying about the honesty of all politicians. What do you think of Liz Truss thusfar, Ellie? x
  • Options
    i think the tories only think of themselves n their friends, atleast with boris. liz trust gave every1 £67 which is gd. but tories allowed to get away with corruption
    lets hope she doesnt break laws
    do they think they hav immunity, the tories in my view are not 'people worthy'? (if thts the words)
    we need lord buckethead :)
    at leat we're not in russia who hates most of the public
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Very insightful points you make @ellie2000 <3 Mistrusting the government and its intentions is extremely valid, especially given how often they have changed their approach and made the general public at risk (e.g., cost of living crisis). Questioning things is important, as it reinforces that you are ready to stand up for what you believe in. It sounds like you'd be happier with someone else in charge, what would your ideal government or Prime Minister look like? xx
  • Options
    my ideal priminster, would b like russel howard, he's funny and put their twoddle into context.
    zelenski was a comedian b4 he became a priminister person =)
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    my idea priminster would hand money out to ppl who need it, steal from the rich like robin hood :)
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    a tory is a tight b***ard
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Ah, I think I see what you mean, having a prime minisiter who actiually wants to help the most vulnerable is definitely important @ellie2000 !! Plus, you're so right about needing some kind of sense of humour. Someone who is able to be a bit more down to earth can also be more trustworthy <3 I especially like the idea of Robin Hood haha =)