Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Talking

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,968 Community Veteran
edited August 2022 in Sex & Relationships
Wen u say to a friend tht Ur sad n u need a hug, is tht a bad thing to do
Would tht draw them away
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    Amy22Amy22 Posts: 3,988 Community Veteran
    Hi @ellie2000 personally, I don't think that it would draw them away if they are a friend. If they are a friend, they would be happy to give you hug if you are feeling a bit low. Also, I think they would show concern too if you were feeling down as they would care about you a lot. Sometimes, asking for a hug can be a good thing. Its always good to reach out to others :). Hopefully this helps :)

Sending hugs,

Amy22 <3
    Just a person who likes pop culture and films
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I think asking for physical affection like hugs or even holding hands can be a really important thing to make us feel wholly supported by a person. Sometimes actions like this can say more than words can in certain situations! It seems like receiving hugs is important to you and making that clear to the people in your life shouldn't push them away <3

However, I understand the reluctance to be totally open @ellie2000 , so sometimes easing people in with 'smaller' bits of information or smaller moments of affection can help to build up a natural environment of trust in the relationship. Say if you've never hugged someone before, maybe you could start with a light touch on the shoulder when having a serious/deep conversation, as this sets a natural precedent for most people to disarm themselves a bit, emotionally?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.