Home Student Life & Education
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

advice

Does anyone have advice for college because I am 16 and im going to college soon and ive got autism and it is a change in environment and it is a change in timing of my normal routine of school and it is making me really anxious and overwhelmed
Amy22

Comments

• Amy22Amy22 Posts: 426 Listening Ear
    Hi @maldrin44 the change from secondary school to college can be exciting and scary at the same time. I just wanted to say that you are not alone as there will plenty of people who are starting college this year and will be feeling anxious. I can relate to this as when I first started college, I felt nervous too especially with the social side of it. I'm sure your college will be very lovely and you will meet lots of nice people. College is a bit more relaxed than school personally and your teachers are more relaxed and chilled.

It is totally normal to feel anxious about going to college as it is a big jump. The college environment can be very relaxed and they do lots of clubs and activities. One big bonus too is that in some colleges they offer 1 to 1 support and support in general if you ever needed it. I'm about to start my second year of film college, and I feel a bit nervous too.

I'm always here if you want any advice or would like to chat. :)

Wishing you the best,

Amy22 <3
    maldrin44