Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

TW SH

maldrin44maldrin44 Posts: 6 Confirmed not a robot
I am really anxious to be going to college because it is a new environment for me and ive got autism and change is really hard to me and it is making me anxious and I self harmed a few weeks ago but I have stopped and then I barley now anyone there and im not good at making new friends and ive been having panic attacks because I have been really anxious

Comments

• Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hello @maldrin44. You have shown so much strength and courage in identifying you are anxious, why you are anxious and talking to us about how you are feeling.

I can hear you are feeling particularly anxious about starting college at the moment. College is a new environment for you where you barely know anyone. Making new friends and change is tough for you because you have got autism.

What usually helps you when you are feeling anxious, going through changes and meeting new people? We are here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • fiona333fiona333 Posts: 141 Helping Hand
    Hi @maldrin44 reaffirming what Laura has said, I think it is incredibly brave you reaching out and sharing your feelings.

College can be a difficult translation and change can be a hard to adjust to, its completely understandable why you are so anxious and feeling the way you are.

Are your college aware of your struggles, and have they shared ways to support you? They often provide lots of support during this transition, in terms of managing anxiety and meeting new people.

Take care, and remember we are always hear to listen whenever you need for whatever you need. ❤️