Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sickness (A song I wrote)

Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :)EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @LorryTruck - these are incredibly powerful lyrics in terms of content and have a really good flow to them. Have you also got a tune/music for it? If not, do you have a sense of how it may sound?

Please don't feel pressured to answer, but I wondered whether these were based on experiences you had personally had? If so, and you want to talk this through, please do, whether on the community or via another service/person you trust.

I have put a few support options in a spoiler here in case you are after a place to speak 1-2-1:
    Crisis Messenger (24/7) | text THEMIX to 85258
    Samartians (24/7) | call 116 123 | email jo@samaritans.org
    Papyrus (2pm-midnight) | call 0800 068 41 41 | text 07786 209 697 | email pat@payrus-uk.org
    Supportline (hours vary) | call 01708 765 200
    Childline | call 0800 11 11
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @LorryTruck. Thanks for posting and continuing to be open with us. I can sense the courage it took to share all these experiences with us, especially when you were previously less than kind to yourself and felt alone.

It sounds really positive that you are thinking about how to further your interest in music! How amazing that you already have a backing on piano for that song.

How did writing music creatively about your experiences make you feel? I can hear that it was an outlet for you when you went through some really tough experiences, especially with how you saw yourself and the stigma around mental health meaning you felt alone.

Please feel free to keep us in the loop with how you are doing. We are all here for you and care about you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @LorryTruck - sorry I only just got to this, but really appreciate how you have explained the different parts of the lyrics, I always find that the songs I love the most is because of how I can feel the meaning behind the lyrics, and so I really enjoy researching what the true meaning was for the writer and seeing what the differences were with my own interpretation.

I can also really see how writing can be a form of therapy, a way of processing things in a way that expresses your feelings. Throughout your explanation, you talk through the feeling words that are driving those particular lyrics, so it makes sense that you find it a therapeutic process. Keep it up and do share more if you feel comfortable :3
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.