Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

TW!! SH

Past UserPast User In a holePosts: 0 Just got here
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Morgan007

I am so sorry this is something you have experienced. Thank you for reaching out.
    It is really difficult to open up to people and i completely understand why you may have lied about it to your councillor if you didn't find it helpful. Do you mind me asking what you have already tried to stop? I think it is important to know that you shouldn't put pressure on yourself, you should set small goals to show your progress rather than stopping cold turkey as that may not be sustainable. For example, maybe setting the goal of self harming in a way that causes less injury to begin with, once you have managed to swap the form of self harm to something less dangerous, it may be about going every other day without self harming, then once you manage that add a day etc. If you use self harming as a coping strategy for certain emotions it may need to be replaced with a less harmful coping strategy such as holing ice on your skin where you would usually self harm so you still get a similar sensation.

Hope that makes sense and helps you.
    <3
  • Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    @Morgan007

You're welcome! Even if you go a few extra minutes then you have before, that is a goal and an achievement in itself. Or is there a way you could make your self harm less harmful to your self? Then even if you are self harming as often, you may not be causing as much damage to yourself.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    edited July 2022
    Hi @Morgan007. Thanks for reaching out for support. Reaching out for support shows a lot of courage.

I have changed your post slightly this morning. We don't describe methods or types of self-harm, we focus on thoughts and feelings instead just to reduce the trigger and look out for one another.

Is there anything you would like to talk to us about at the moment - for example, what helps you when you are feeling like self-harming?

Some resources that might be able to support you further include:

Please feel free to keep us in the loop with how you are doing. We are all here for you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Please don't be sorry @Morgan007. It's all a learning curve! I can hear that you do not think anyone could say or do anything that would make anything better. Just know that we are here with you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.