Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Hello everyone!

roxbyroxby Posts: 23 Boards Initiate
Hello everyone,
I've just finished my second year of university studying psychology, I love reading (my favourite author is Stephen King!) and animals. I have two rabbits called Miffy and Moon <3

I look forward to joining this wonderful community!

Comments

• kaiikaii Posts: 434 Listening Ear
    Hiya @roxby , welcome to our lovely community! It's great to have you :smile: I hope you're doing great at the moment ^^ what book genres do you like?

I'm also a university student studying psychology too, but I'm a year below you :smile: how has your university life been?

Looking forward to seeing you around <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
  • roxbyroxby Posts: 23 Boards Initiate
    Hi @kaii
    I mainly read horror books, although at the moment I am also reading a book on cognitive behavioural therapy.

I've absolutely loved studying psychology, even though it has been challenging at times. I'm sort of sad in a way that after next year I'll be done with my undergraduate. I think I want to continue studying psychology in some way afterwards. I've been considering doing a psychological wellbeing practitioner course, however, I know that they are very competitive to get onto.

How have you found studying psychology so far?
  • kaiikaii Posts: 434 Listening Ear
    edited June 2022
    @roxby Ooo that's awesome! Horror stories are so thrilling ^^ I like to read fantasy or adventure books! I love the Six Of Crows duology in particular :smile: I'm sure the book you're reading on cognitive behavioural therapy is very interesting!

I'm so glad that you've had a positive experience in uni so far ^^ good luck getting into a psychological wellbeing practitioner course! Even though they're quite competitive to get into, I'm sure they'll love your passion for psychology and your character! I've been considering to pursue clinical psychology after my degree, but like your course, it will be difficult to get into as it's also extremely competitive. This is why I'm planning on doing a placement year after my second year to get some good experience :smile:

I've found psychology a very intriguing subject to study so far! I definitely want to continue doing this degree ^^ though for me, writing essays has been challenging and there's just so much lecture content to revise for exams :bawling:

I wish you the best in your third year, and best of luck with your dissertation! <3
    cinnamoroll supremacy : )
    @kaii Six of Crows sounds interesting.

Pursuing clinical psychology sounds like a great idea, and doing a placement year too! I've thought about doing clinical psychology as well, but as you've said, it is incredibly competitive, and being considered for a place on the course requires a lot of experience. It's amazing that you'll be able to get some experience during your undergraduate degree.

Yes, writing essays can be challenging, along with getting through all the module content. It's lovely to hear that you are enjoying your degree though. Psychology can be so fascinating. Thank you for wishing me luck; I wish you all the best with your studies too <3

• spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    hiya roxy! u sound really cool, welcome ((:
    Whats a signatureeeww
  • sinead276sinead276 Posts: 1,004 Wise Owl
    Hello and welcome

Glad to see your enjoying your psychology degree so far. I've just completed my degree this year. Hope the rest of your studies go well and I'll see you around on the mix!

Sinead :)
  • AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,826 Extreme Poster
    Welcome! :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Welcome Roxby
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Past UserPast User Definition of a mental mess and a certified lost cause :) EnglandPosts: 0 Just got here
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thank you everyone who has welcomed me so far <3<3