Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Advice please (?)

LeilaLeila Posts: 2,064 Boards Champion
edited April 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
I'm supposed to be getting supported for things that have happened, I've rang the place they said they'll get back to me within a couple of days uts been two whole weeks... I honestly just want to die. Ots clear they can't be bothered to support me, what have I got? Nothing to be exact, I honestly completely fed up with this BS.

Why does no one want to help me, like what do I need to change like seriously I'm done.😭

Leila

Comments

• Options
    BenMaBenMa Moderator, Staff Posts: 143 Helping Hand
    Hi @Sunbathequeen. I appreciate you sharing this with us!

It sounds like you've done all the right things in terms of reaching out for that support you deserve, and that place/service hasn't given you what you need. And that's so tough.

It's left you with feelings of wanting to die I hear, and just wanted to say emergency services on 999 are the best people to help keep you safe if you were worried about your safety. Also Papyrus (https://www.papyrus-uk.org/) and Childline/Samaritans are options for you!

We want to help you, did you want to share more about what things have been like for you? You deserve to be heard and listened to Leila.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    They emailed me back, so im happy I guess. Just sorry for the rant
    BenMa wrote: »
    Hi @Sunbathequeen. I appreciate you sharing this with us!

It sounds like you've done all the right things in terms of reaching out for that support you deserve, and that place/service hasn't given you what you need. And that's so tough.

It's left you with feelings of wanting to die I hear, and just wanted to say emergency services on 999 are the best people to help keep you safe if you were worried about your safety. Also Papyrus (https://www.papyrus-uk.org/) and Childline/Samaritans are options for you!

We want to help you, did you want to share more about what things have been like for you? You deserve to be heard and listened to Leila.

I felt like bad, because my dog has recently passed away, she was 6 years old and I also have had other things happened but I feel like I'll be judged if I mention it, so I've just kept what happened within myself because I feel like what happened does not matter

Leila
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    I'm glad that you've been able to gain a reply especially in the wake of so much devastating loss for you <3 It sounds like you're feeling really cautious to be 'entirely' open about the things that have happened to you, which makes a lot of sense, being wary of how others will respond is beyond reasonable especially when you're having to be so vulnerable. I want you to know that anything that has hurt you or impacted you in any way is important, no matter what others think. Plus there are lots of situations where people cannot understanding just how destroyed they would be until they go through it themselves. Please know you always deserve support for all of your hurt and we are here no matter what xxx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AislingDM wrote: »
    I'm glad that you've been able to gain a reply especially in the wake of so much devastating loss for you <3 It sounds like you're feeling really cautious to be 'entirely' open about the things that have happened to you, which makes a lot of sense, being wary of how others will respond is beyond reasonable especially when you're having to be so vulnerable. I want you to know that anything that has hurt you or impacted you in any way is important, no matter what others think. Plus there are lots of situations where people cannot understanding just how destroyed they would be until they go through it themselves. Please know you always deserve support for all of your hurt and we are here no matter what xxx

Hi,.
    This means a lot, thank you- I've never really felt like what I been through matters and even if I tell my mum I feel down I get told you don't matter, don't bother coming to me again, that's why I'm scared or feeling vulnerable to open up as previously or when I ask for help I get told I dont matter and told to never ask again, so thank you!
  • Options
    ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,969 Community Veteran
    If u hav a 'community navigator' u could always start there n they will help you with your needs 😀
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    If u hav a 'community navigator' u could always start there n they will help you with your needs 😀

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    1000% @Leila sometimes when we're told so often that our thoughts and feelings don't matter, it's almost like being vulnerable in any way becomes impossible because we're so fearful of people's responses. You deserve to be heard, and this definitely includes your pain too! I can't imagine how hard that must be to accept when you've been told the opposite by such important people (like your mum), but I promise you, we'll always be here to listen no matter what <3

I'm wondering, is there ever a time where you feel more able to be open? xx
  • Options
    AislingDM wrote: »
    1000% @Leila sometimes when we're told so often that our thoughts and feelings don't matter, it's almost like being vulnerable in any way becomes impossible because we're so fearful of people's responses. You deserve to be heard, and this definitely includes your pain too! I can't imagine how hard that must be to accept when you've been told the opposite by such important people (like your mum), but I promise you, we'll always be here to listen no matter what <3

I'm wondering, is there ever a time where you feel more able to be open? xx

Hey,

Thank you so much for the support you have given me, I can't thank you enough! Not really no, as I'm always non stop having to sort my siblings out and I havw to support my mum too
  • Options
    honestly huge love to you @Leila !! <3

That sounds immensely stressful for you, almost like you're never really given room to breathe, let alone sit down and think about your own thoughts and feelings to work through them. Having to be the strong person for so many people shows your compassion of course but must be very draining, especially when it leaves you unable to look after yourself. You deserve space to process your own experiences without having to constantly worry about the people around you.

It sounds like you want that space to be open and feel able to express your anguish without fear of judgement, this is beyond what you deserve, honestly. I love that you're able to talk with us on here <3 but of course in real life you should be getting this too! Given that it's been a bit of time, have any of the support services gotten back to you? xxx