Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Cancer

GraceyGracey Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
I have cancer and I'm really struggling with it at the moment. Such a nightmare, it affects me in so many ways and no matter what they try the doctors just can't stop it. I've had radiotherapy, chemotherapy, different surgeries and even my ovaries are gone so now I'm having hrt to make sure I get the right hormones as my body can't make them anymore.

I'm really tired as well. At times it feels like I'm losing the battle with the cancer. So drained all the time and the pain can be intense at times, though I do have medicines for this. I have my cancer nurse and care team to reach out to but I struggle to open up to them, not sure why.

I feel I've said a lot here maybe to much sorry about that.

Hugs,
Gracey xx

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 0 Just got here
    You could never say too much, and you shouldn't be sorry for anything. You've been through so much, and a lot of it is borderline incomprehensible to many, myself included. Things that would've broken me and certain things that already have in the past. Frankly you seem amazing and I genuinely mean that. Don't be sorry, talk here as much as you need because not a single person holds it against you.

In terms of your nurse and care team, it might help to write things down to show them. It's not something I have personal experience with, but I know from family that people who provide cancer support are some of the most kind and empathetic people around, and that they're also going to have the knowledge and experience to help where others might not be able to.

I'm sorry to hear that it has been so tough physically, I hope the medication helps and you're finding ways to alleviate that. How are you feeling mentally? Do you have much support around that you can turn to when you need it?
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,238 Part of The Furniture
    You have been really brave in reaching out for support @Gracey. Thanks for sharing this with us.

It sounds like you are really struggling with cancer at the moment. Understandably so, it is a reflection of the difficult situation you are in rather than you as a person.

It sounds particularly difficult that cancer affects you in many ways and no matter what they try the doctors just can't stop it. How are you currently feeling about having hrt?

It sounds like a really tiring experience with intense pain at times too. Though, it is positive that you have medicines for this and have your cancer nurse and care team to reach out to.

I am hearing you when you say you struggle to open up to your cancer and care team. Would anything, in particular, make it more manageable for you to open up to your cancer team at the moment?

It is really positive that you have been able to open up to us. Nothing is too much or too little. You are doing really well at letting us know how you are feeling.

Sending hugs your way too. Please keep us up to date with how you are feeling, we are all here for you :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.