Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Work meeting

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 601 Incredible Poster
So I’ve been tidying my room and came across the write out from a previous meeting I had about my performance as well as an action plan. Unfortunately they aren’t particularly nice to read through and is basically on about my poor performance during what was a hard time for me.

Are these things I should keep for record purposes or are these things I can destroy and throw away? Unfortunately reading just the start of them was enough to trigger my low self esteem. Part of me wants to just get rid of them but I don’t know if it’s something I have to keep or not.

Comments

• Options
    SpaceOtterSpaceOtter Community Champion Posts: 825 Part of The Mix Family
    Hi million, sending lots of hugs <3

I'm not sure if you have to keep it. I imagine the place you work might have a copy for record keeping purposes. Do you have a labeled folder or somewhere safe like a box of documents you could put it? Somewhere where you dont have to worry about acidentaly seeing it but in case you ever need it you will know where it is.
    Or could you put in a sealed envelope with a label like "performance review".

Sending lots of hugs, and remember you're awesome! I know its easy for me to say but your bad times dont define you.
    We're always here if you ever need anything. <3
    You're awesome!
  • Options
    Thanks @SpaceOtter I never thought about that, I do actually have a spare box, I could keep all my paperwork in there 😊
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Great idea from spaceotter, even just knowing it's away from you can feel easier almost like you're not tempted to reread it when you're feeling a bit low, because then it begins a big spiral of difficulty, right? Reading things like that is truly so gutting, even when they're from the past because somehow it throws us right back into the middle of it as if we are being told over and over again, so it's definitely makes sense that you want to stay away from it! Totally agree that these things do not define you at all, and we can see how wonderful you are. But also, even from the perspective of people at work, I reckon we unintentionally overemphasise how much other people continue to think about our 'flaws' or our challenging times. Think about it, often when a friend upsets you, once you've moved past it, you're not stuck remembering it each and every day and that's the exact same for our colleagues, they don't define us by our hardest times <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Thank you guys I’ve stored it somewhere else for now xx
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 375 Listening Ear
    I'm so sorry you've been having a hard time 🤗
    Whats a signatureeeww