Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Share your top tips for managing stress

AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,039 Boards Guru
Hey everyone,

April is stress awareness month! We'd love to create some posts on The Mix's social media pages with top tips for managing stress. If you'd like to get involved, comment below. We can also keep your name anonymous if you prefer. Let us know what you would feel most comfortable with.

You can also take part anonymously by completing this form.

Thank you!
Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤

Comments

• Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Fantastic idea truly. My one sounds so silly probably but it's integral to me being able to calm a racing heart before it takes off on it's own!! When I begin to panic, I open the door the let fresh breeze in or turn on the fan if it's summer (I reckon I'm pretty sensitive to my internal temp when I'm anxious/stressed). There is something about a huge shock to the system (especially good in freezing winter) that gives you one second of calm to say 'okay distraction' and you can't ignore it or turn it off like a meditation app (which is not to disparage those because I love them too!) because it affects you physically. =)

Also, allowing yourself to change your plans, like yesterday I made pasta from scratch for the first time and was so excited about it, then I suddenly started to feel sick and panicky as soon as we sat down to dinner, and I became much calmer when my family said, 'the food will be there later' like they were reminding me it was okay to change my set plan of eating that specific food at that specific time. Giving yourself the room you need is so essential and so deserved, but I know super difficult. I hope we can all find some sense of calm truly! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.