Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Leaving college without my quificastion this year feeling low

DurhamjaideDurhamjaide Posts: 1,225 Wise Owl
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I am stressed about college so much that I have decided to leave college but I am worried that I have made the wrong decision and I don't know what to do?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    gemmadixgemmadix Posts: 8 Confirmed not a robot
    Hey! It’s really understandable that you are feeling stressed about this. What is making you feel you have made the wrong decision?
  • Options
    gemmadix wrote: »
    Hey! It’s really understandable that you are feeling stressed about this. What is making you feel you have made the wrong decision?

Because I have come so far with my course
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    Hi there,

College can definitely be stressful, and yet it's not always for everyone. It can often be difficult to work out if college is right for you.

It sounds like you've come far with your course and now feel that you made the wrong decision about leaving college. Is it possible to get back in touch with the college and let them know that you want to come back? If it's not been too much time, then they might be able to let you back on the course. Otherwise, you might have to wait until the next academic term starts to resume your course then or find another option. Hopefully, someone at college might be able to help you find out if you can re-join your course or if there are other options. Otherwise, is there a careers service local to you that you could contact? They might be able to offer support and advice too.

Before possibly thinking about going back to college, you might also want to consider what made you feel like leaving the course in the first place and what you and your tutors could do to help make sure that you don't get to the point of leaving again.

Hope this helps a bit <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Maisy wrote: »
    Hi there,

College can definitely be stressful, and yet it's not always for everyone. It can often be difficult to work out if college is right for you.

It sounds like you've come far with your course and now feel that you made the wrong decision about leaving college. Is it possible to get back in touch with the college and let them know that you want to come back? If it's not been too much time, then they might be able to let you back on the course. Otherwise, you might have to wait until the next academic term starts to resume your course then or find another option. Hopefully, someone at college might be able to help you find out if you can re-join your course or if there are other options. Otherwise, is there a careers service local to you that you could contact? They might be able to offer support and advice too.

Before possibly thinking about going back to college, you might also want to consider what made you feel like leaving the course in the first place and what you and your tutors could do to help make sure that you don't get to the point of leaving again.

Hope this helps a bit <3

Thanks for your advice I have an interview on Tuesday but since then I have had a bad day where the LSA met me despite the fact my mum messaged to say that I don’t want to see anyone and to not approach me she still did which led me to get in contact with the crisis team and shout. I’m going to some job fairs next week I will let you know how everything goes this week.
  • Options
    MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 634 Incredible Poster
    How did the interview go?

Sorry to hear you had a bad day where the LSA met you despite your mum saying for her not to do that, leading you to get in touch with the crisis team. I hope you are feeling a bit better since then.

How was the jobs fair? I think it can be good to go to job fairs, take job quizzes and just generally look around to see what interests you. This can help you find some direction in your life and it's good when you start to feel that you know what you want to do and can take steps to work towards that.

Hope you've had a better week <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    The interview didn’t go to well the lady came across quite rude and one jobs fair was really good but one was crap I spent my whole day and had to cancel my dentist appointment all for 6 minutes actually in the jobs fair. Right now I’m looking forward to my holiday abroad on Monday.
  • Options
    DandelionDandelion Posts: 1,911 Extreme Poster
    Sorry to hear the interview didn’t go the way you wanted. I honestly always think if the employers rude would I really want to work there anyway. I’m sure something will come up soon and I’m glad one of the jobs fairs went well. Have fun on your holiday, where are you going?
    The steps you take don’t need to be big, they just need to take you in the right direction.