Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

do ppl like to dwell

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,985 Community Veteran
weneva i see the news on, ppl watch its scary, i say 'stop watchin the bloody news' do ppl enjoy making themselves worked up? wat do ppl watch in the mornings 4 entertainment?
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000
    I think with everything going on in the world right now, although it does bring negative feelings and distress, it can also be a kind of release to be able to see what's going on and be up to date on how it's unfolding and progressing. Personally, I don't enjoy watching the news as I always feel more depressed and overwhelmed afterwards, but I understand that it can also be a way to be aware of what's going on. How have you been feeling about it all, Ellie?
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    1000% I think you're making such an insightful point there, Ellie. Do we make choices to make ourselves feel worse through watching such devastation on the news, or are we merely trying to stay informed on the happenings of the world? It's such a difficult one, because knowledge is awesome, but the pain it can bring is often immense. And, now media allows us to see many forms of tragedy all in one quick succession. Do you think watching the news is a good idea in the morning, or would it be better at night? I still personally enjoy watching things like Gossip Girl and Parks and Rec because they make me feel relaxed before I start my day. <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    no tele news eva, i hav to calm ppl down. but its not my job
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    1000% sometimes staying clear from the things that cause us even more stress is the best course of action, it sounds like you've got a lot of people relying on you, and whilst it shows how compassionate and caring you are, it truly must be a burden for you. I wonder, have you found it possible to create any boundaries with the people who need to be calmed? (no worries if not, just trying to think if there is any way to make this a bit easier for you) <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    watt r boundrys
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    I guess a boundary can look like anything, it's basically the idea of saying to the people in our lives 'I don't like this, this is why, and here is how we can do things differently'. For example, in your situation, having a lot of people relying on you is pretty intense and a lot to be expected of one individual, so a boundary you might set in this context is letting people know your basic routines so they won't try to lean on you when you are really busy with work for example.

This article has some better examples than I am giving:

https://www.sweetyhigh.com/read/respectfully-set-boundaries-needy-friend-020520

[btw I don't love the article's use of the word 'needy' and some of the tips may seem 'too far' to you, but I thought some were quite helpful] <3 xxx
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    feel free to send me any links of help stuff, websites tht has life tips or any resources u may came accross, or guides to work on so i keep myself here :smile:
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    i feel tht ppl took control, n still r
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    1000% Ellie, I will certainly keep an eye out for anything that may be useful, there is one Tiktok user for example called 'kreftscouch' who works to give examples of how we can set boundaries in our day-to-day lives even for 'simple' things like filling the dishwasher! Dr Kreft is a psychologist too so I'm sure the knowledge is well-founded. I wonder if this might be of some use to you, Ellie?

In terms of mentioning people taking control, that must be so exhausting and disappointing to know that people around you aren't treating you as you deserve, would you like to tell me some more? <3 xxx