Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Therapy stop point

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
edited February 2022 in Health & Wellbeing
Is there a time where u don't need help anymore, seems like ppl r peed off tht I ask 4 more

Wat emdr in a simple paragraph
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey @ellie2000 - when it comes to therapy, there is no set timescale. For some people, therapy can be a life long thing to help maintain a healthy mind. You should never feel bad for wanting or needing more support, some wounds take longer to heal after all. It could be worth asking your therapist what kind of timescale they expect to see some improvement for you, as this could give you a good check in point to see how things are going.

EMDR is a type of therapy that is meant to help reduce the impact of PTSD. It involves the person talking to a therapist about their traumatic experience whilst the therapist guides the person to make some eye movements. There is more information on the NHS website here.
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.