Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

tinder

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,998 Community Veteran
i watched 'tinder swindler' n i thought 'hmm.... mb not'
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @ellie2000

It makes sense to not want to watch that, how are you feeling now?
  • Options
    gia9720gia9720 Posts: 117 The Mix Convert
    @ellie2000 I also watched tinder swindler on netflix and found it quite shocking. Hope you're feeling okay <3
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    prooves tht men r stupid
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    ApolloApollo Posts: 804 Part of The Mix Family
    The stupidest
    🎵 I feel so funny these days, I'd rather sleep than stay awake 🎵
  • Options
    Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    It was a wild programme wasn’t it ! Unbelievable
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
  • Options
    i like tht sort of stuff, about online platforms
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    ellie2000 wrote: »
    prooves tht men r stupid

I'm not sure about that.

But it does highight the fact that it's important to be careful when using online platforms to communicate with people, especially if that communication moves towards meeting people.
    Always better to have a healthy dose of distrust when meeting strangers from the internet.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    It was very interesting and makes me consider how careful I am about how well I 'really know people' which is not to suggest that these people are at fault of not 'knowing' it's such a scary world out there. What did you find most interesting about online platforms, Ellie?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    how ppl act n stuff
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Yeah it's a big convo, like do we present the realest version of ourselves possible? and more than that, if we are fake, how fake? especially when it exceeds editing the lighting in a photo to actual full-on catfishing. Do you think there is a way around the 'fakeness' or do you think a little bit of it never hurts anyone?
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    wen ur heads abit coo coo, u'll do anything for attention?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Interesting idea, I mean that's something that a lot of people grapple with, wondering whether they are doing things for attention or whether they are in sincere pain and to me I don't see why the two can't exist together for some. If you are in pain why should others not know this in order to help? I think asking for support is impossibly brave and maybe the 'over-fakeness' online prevents us from feeling like we're 'allowed' to have a terrible day? I reckon I'm rambling at this point, so what are your thoughts? :)
  • Options
    Eh
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Sorry that last one was a bit wordy altogether, Ellie, I suppose all I'm wondering is are we 'allowed' to be 'real' online? It's a pretty huge and kind of impossible-to-answer one though =)