Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

English gov n covid

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
Covid isn't done with, it's here to stay. Tories r stupid. We need a huge disaster or a purge, so we don't suffer any longer, mental health is a total b**ch
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @ellie2000 It sounds like this is something that's causing you a lot of frustration right now, Ellie. You're most definitely not alone in your frustration towards the government. I hope you're doing okay.
  • ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 4,233 Community Veteran
    I can't find mental health services 😫
    Crazy mad insane
  • BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @ellie2000 It sounds really frustrating for you, Ellie. I'm wondering if you've been able to talk to your GP about this? They may be able to refer you to some services that may help you manage with these difficult feelings.
  • AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    Coping through this is truly so unbearable, Ellie, you're so right. Especially because this pandemic won't leave us with physical pain 'alone' but also with the mental anguish of trying to move through such an unrecognisable and traumatising time. I know you've mentioned not being able to find mental health services which definitely makes this terrifying time all the more isolating. You deserve to be supported through this, I'm wondering if there are any particular mental health services you'd like support from? <3 xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Wat types of services are there for therapy like mind etc.
    Crazy mad insane
    Cbt n stuff? Or things u can do?
    Crazy mad insane
    Awesome and important questions, Ellie! There are lots of different types of therapy, depending on what might work best for you. There is CBT like you mentioned and DBT, which is like CBT but works more specifically for people who feel emotions really strongly. Here is some more info about different types of therapies and what kinds of situations they work best in:

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/drugs-and-treatments/talking-therapy-and-counselling/dialectical-behaviour-therapy-dbt/

https://www.nhs.uk/mental-health/talking-therapies-medicine-treatments/talking-therapies-and-counselling/types-of-talking-therapies/

There is lots of different approaches, and there are times where one approach works amazingly for one person but not for another, and that really is okay. Working out what you need from therapy is the most essential step, even though this, frustratingly, takes time. <3

In terms of what is literally available near you, The Mix search function below is great for working out what you have the easiest access to:

https://www.themix.org.uk/local

If you feel comfortable to, I'd be more than grateful to hear about what you'd like from therapy to see if we could work together to see which options might be supportive for you? =) xxxx
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    the first time frm professional b4 tht i was preventing myself frm crying coz scared tht no one listened, i had 40weeks at a center, i went back recently and they rang me back 15mins to tell me tht theres nothin they could do coz i had the max, i think tht they decided on the spot and wasted time. i tried relate, i wasnt confident enough to go in to the deeper stuff. mind mucked me about with paymeent so i left. peer support was gd, peer mentoring absolutly not!!!!!! i dont even no wat tht is? wat do they do in emdr? does it worse u?
    Crazy mad insane
    Thanks for giving all that info, Ellie, it makes understanding what the process of getting help has been like for you so far. I think it is so amazingly admirable that you have been so keen to gain this support, even when you are having these efforts thrown back in your face from being told you've 'had the maximum'. Which feels like a pretty ridiculous idea, because mental ill-health doesn't just disappear after a set number of sessions!

You deserve to be continously supported, and it truly is understandable that you felt cautious of going into the deeper side of things during your sessions. Sometimes, even with the 'best' therapists, we just aren't ready to talk about different things, and giving yourself the space and time to be ready really is okay, you are allowed that time <3

I like to hear that peer support was good, what made it so helpful to you? because maybe that sort of vibe is what we'd think of when reading up about different types of therapy. :)

Again, Ellie, such a fab and important question, I think research support EMDR as being effective and useful, which is a good sign, but ultimately it comes down to what works for each individual and the specific trauma they have experienced in whether or not it might be helpful. What are your thoughts on it? <3 xx
    thoughts?
    Crazy mad insane