Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

What do you all do when your bored anything nice ☺️

_Tech_Addict_Girl_Tech_Addict_Girl Posts: 1,489 Wise Owl
edited February 2022 in General Chat
Hi guys just wondered what you all do when your bored anything fun :)
Post edited by TheMix on

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,649 Legendary Poster
    I watch a lot of TV and YouTube, I like game shows and I also like police and hospital programmes and there’s always ones I haven’t seen.

And failing that there’s always cleaning :lol: nah seriously I hate cleaning but sometimes I’m so bored it’s just something to do!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @_Tech_Addict_Girl

I love binging some of my fave TV shows that are easy watches i.e. The Office, Friends, The Big Bang Theory etc. I also love to read, and play on the play station. If I can encourage myself, I'll also try to go outside for a little while or do some yoga. What do you enjoy doing when you're bored?
  • Options
    @independent_ sounds interesting 😂what’s your favourite programmes called?☺️I also hate cleaning lolll

@Brookee Hey ooo I’ve heard of all of them but the funniest one out of them is probably Big Bang theory because I’ve watched an episode on that and it’s funny when you get into it.

What do you like reading?

Well done to you for going encouraging yourself to go out or do some yoga🎉

I have an Xbox but haven’t been on it in ages!
    When I’m bored I like listening to music going on TikTok watching tv eating junk food 😂😂

• Options
    @_Tech_Addict_Girl I agree! Big Bang Theory is so funny, It did take me a while to get into it I must admit but it's hilarious when you've become more invested! I actually have a subscription to A Box Of Stories so I get 4 random books every 3 months, because I get a bit overwhelmed making a book list because I want to just read everything haha. Thank you, you're so kind.

I think those are really great ways to take care of yourself when you're bored, doing things that make you happy. Music can be a wonderful distraction, do you have a particular favourite genre or artist you love? TikTok and Xbox can also be such a good way of passing the time when bored, I find when you play games hours go by and it's like ??? What do you enjoy playing? :)
  • Options
    @Brookee which one do you think is the funniest series I haven’t watched them all lol 🤣. Oh so do you like read on a kindle or something like that technically I see your kind of like a book lover then am I right. I really need to get Into books because we have a reading record in English we have to read and I hate reading but I love like proper funny books that are really funny or I wouldn’t read it and it can’t be like a massive thick book because I wouldn’t read it then because I’m not a massive reading fan do you have any suggestions for me:).

Also I think you have been really kind to me too helping me thru things I really appreciate you❤️.

I don’t have a particular favourite genre it depends what mood I’m in to be honest I have lots of favourite singers you wouldn’t believe it🤣😭. I still really love gta even tho haven’t played it in ages haha
  • Options
    AzzimanAzziman Moderator, Community Champion Posts: 1,885 Extreme Poster
    I pick up the phone :) I don't get to hang out with friends as much these days because of work, so whenever I get some time I reach out and see how loved ones are doing x
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @_Tech_Addict_Girl I think I found the end half of series 6 the funniest! I think it all depends though :). I did have a kindle, but it stopped working a year or so ago so I read physical books now, love the smell of new books! I think it's easier to get into reading when you know what you like and maybe start of with smaller books to ease you in, I would say! So you like comedy books, is there anything else you're interested in? Like romcoms or fantasy? It's understandable that big thick books can be intimidating, I hear you completely. I would say a lot of funny books are often written by celebrities either autobiography's or otherwise. I found Richard Osman's The Thursday Murder Club books really quite funny, if that's something you'd be interested in reading. It's also very easy to digest and very entertaining!

You're a wonderful person, It's a pleasure to have met you through the community, and I'll always be here for you! I really appreciate how strong and brave you are, and I'm really glad to get to speak to you! <3

I get you haha! Music is one of those, I think having such a diverse range of favourite genres can be so wonderful, and doesn't limit you. It can also be really helpful when you're bored because if you get bored of a certain genre of music, you can just switch it out, so that's really great to have! Ooh GTA is a very good choice! It's okay life happens, but at least you've always got it to come back to whenever you feel up to it! :)
  • Options
    Hey @Brookee❤️ I’ve only just seen this post because I haven’t been on here for awhile but I’m back here now. Yes I do agree that the smell of new books have a nice smell to it. That’s true you have to find books you enjoy there are soo many books to choose from. I love comedy & Romance and Drama but I need to find the right book so I enjoy it because if you don’t enjoy it there is no point in reading it.

Aww that’s nice of you I appreciate you too honestly I mean it I’ll always be here for you now that I’m back ❤️You can always dm me aswell if you like I’ll help and talk about anything your u want :)

Yes I agree about the music 🙂I love my music.

How have you been?