Homeβ€Ί Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Updates: a bit happier now πŸ™‚

awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi guys I thought I'd give you all an update on what's going on in my life at the moment

So the ex I talked about in the super annoyed discussion? That whole situation is done now we've made up and we're friends again or friend ish depending on how you look at that situation but the teacher who talked to us said to make up and be friends again and we shook hands so I'm just glad that situation is over now it's a big relief ☺️

Also the ex I keep mentioning in probably every single post now? Well, we talked about me being mad at her and she told me to get over it I won't go too Deep into that convo but after I realized that I wasn't mad at her it was just me letting my negative feelings that I felt for her after what happened come to fruition, however, I thought a lot about it and I finally forgave her for real this time and everything has gone back to normal between us hopefully, fingers crossed

Also, I'm considering getting out and about but I'm kind of scared because even though it was a while ago now, as I've mentioned before I used to get bullied and the effect of that I think is going to be permanent maybe? I don't know so I've got a lot of trust issues because I'm convinced everybody's against me even if it's people who I know care about me a lot I guess it's my fault for not getting the help I so clearly needed that's the one disadvantage to me id say but it's a new year and I'm an adult now and last year sucked especially for me because of what happened but it's time for new beginnings I guess.

Things are starting to look up for me I guess so I just hope that feeling keeps going because I really need that positivity
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @awesomeminecraft6789

Thank you for sharing this good news with us, it is so nice to hear things are improving! I am so glad that situation is resolved between the two of you. You have been so mature through this whole thing and I really admire you for acknowledging your feelings and why you feel certain ways.

I think getting out and about would be really good for you! As scary as it can be sometimes it really benefits us to do things out of our comfort zone. I have had situations where I have really dreaded doing it and nearly stopped myself from doing it but it has turned out to be one of the best things I have done! I am so sorry to hear that you have been bullied in the past, I think you are right that you may have developed trust issues due to it but I do not think it will be permanent. It is never too late to get professional help.

Your positivity is really shining through! I have read lots of books about happiness and one thing a lot of them mention is that you attract what you put out. Therefore, if you are putting out positivity into the world, you are attracting that positivity back to you which it seems like you are doing!

<3<3<3
  • Options
    awesomeminecraft6789awesomeminecraft6789 Deactivated Posts: 1,052 Wise Owl
    Hi @daisyella12

Thanks for the positive words! I'm glad the whole situation is over myself cause I was getting really worked up but it's done now so I don't have to worry about it anymore! I hope it's not too late either but Tbh with you I've never gone for professional help I'm a loner in a way that I'd rather sort things out for myself then tell anyone about my problems I just find it easier that way you know what I mean?
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789

I'm so pleased to hear that things are getting a little easier for you again. You deserve to feel happy. I think it's incredible that you've been able to come to terms with your feelings, which can be really difficult when all those negative emotions are overwhelming.

It's really great that you're even considering going out, after all you've been through, that's really brave of you, and you should be so proud of yourself. Even considering it is an incredible achievement, even if actually going out isn't possible right this second, small steps are always just as important as the big ones. Dealing with trauma and difficult situations is difficult at the best of times, be kind to yourself, you're doing the best you can. Reaching out for support here is a wonderful, wonderful step for you. Do you feel comfortable maybe speaking to your GP about getting some support with this? It's perfectly okay if not, you're making great progress, and this is your journey to take at your own pace!
  • Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    @awesomeminecraft6789 I completely understand what you mean, it in a way feels easier to keep things to ourselves and deal with them that way rather than to share them. Whatever way you want to deal with your feelings, it seems you are doing a great job and I'm proud of you :)
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,133 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @awesomeminecraft6789

Thanks for your post. It is always great to hear from you. Thanks for sharing your update with us. I am really glad to hear you have made up with your ex and are getting along again. It s really great to hear how things have improved for you! I hope things continue looking up for you.

I do wonder though, how do you usually manage going out and feeling scared? That sounds tough for you. Please know we are here for you if you want to talk to us some more about this. It is never your fault, and you should only talk about it when you feel comfortable talking about it. It is really brave of you and you are doing wonderful in acknowledging how you are feeling <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.