Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

somniphobia

charlieboyzcharlieboyz Posts: 178 Helping Hand
I'm too scared to sleep now because i have nightmares every night. I need tips and help

Comments

• Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @charlieboyz,

I'm really sorry to hear that you're struggling to sleep because of nightmares. Have you been able to reach out to your doctor, or anyone like that for support with this? You may also be eligible to access counselling here at TheMix for it if that's something you feel comfortable doing?

I don't know that I can offer much in terms of how to stop the nightmares. Have you tried herbal tea or sleep tea before bed? Something like Pukka night time tea or something you can get in the supermarkets may be helpful. Do you also have maybe a plushy or a blanket that makes you feel comforted to sleep with? That may ease some of the worry and anxiety. I think it'd be really helpful to talk through whatever it is that's causing these terrifying nightmares with a trusted professional or adult too if you can, it may help you process what's happening and reduce these nightmares, or at least their intensity.

Sending you lots of love <3
  • Options
    thanks @brookee my carer's going to get me some tablets because he's worried that i might become seriously ill if i don't get sleep soon
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @charlieboyz

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

I am so proud of you for communicating with us openly about what is happening.

I am so glad your carer is looking out for you. I hope you get the rest you need soon :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey @charlieboyz,

I’m so pleased to hear your cater is being so supportive and making sure you’re getting the support you deserve with this. How are things going?
  • Options
    theyre good
  • Options
    Hey @charlieboyz

Thanks for your response. I am really glad to hear things are going good for you. How did you sleep last night? I hope you are starting to get the rest you need and deserve! :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    i had travel sickness tablets and i slept like a log. i did have a dream but it didn't wake me
  • Options
    @charlieboyz I'm so pleased to hear that things are going well for you, and that your sleeping is improving! Have you been able to talk to anyone about these dreams, since we last spoke?
  • Options
    Hey @charlieboyz

I am really glad to hear you are starting to sleep better. How wonderful that it didn't wake you! Just like @Brookee said though, I am wondering if you have managed to talk to anyone about your dreams yet? Take your time but please remember we all care about you and are here for you when you are ready :3
  • Options
    no, not yet. Social are trying to get me a counsellor but u know how long it takes. talking to my carer would be awkward especially as he's male
  • Options
    @charlieboyz That's more than okay, you take all the time you need, this is your journey, and your pace is what matters. I'm not sure, I think it depends on a lot of factors, but please know there are so many outlets you can go to if you need to talk. The Mix has free counselling you may be eligible for, if that's something you'd like to do in the mean time, particularly if you're worried about these recurring, or if you're struggling to feel safe or comfortable talking about this with someone close to you. You can also always reach out to Childline, or SHOUT, if this is something you'd feel comfortable doing. We're also always here to listen if you ever need to talk about it!
  • Options
    Hey @charlieboyz

Thanks for your response and letting us know where you currently are at with it. Please know we hear you and we understand. We don’t want you to feel uncomfortable talking to people about this. Please talk when you are ready and to whom you are ready to talk about it. I hope you receive the support you need soon. However, in the meantime, please remember all the other wonderful supports available. Some of these supports include:

- The Mix Helpline: Call 0808 808 4994 (3 pm – 12 am, 7 days a week)
    - The Mix Crisis Messenger: Text THEMIX to 85258 (24/7)
    - Childline: Call 0800 1111 or visit https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/ (24/7)
    - Samaritans: Call 116 123 or email jo@samaritans.org (24/7)
    - Shout: Text ‘SHOUT’ to 85258 (24/7)

Most importantly of all, I want you to know how brave we think you are for even wanting to receive support. We are all here for you, listening to you, and supporting us if you want to talk to any of us. You don’t have to face this alone, even whilst waiting for counselling! <3