Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

the laddering exercise

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
Take any three things and ask, ‘In what way are two of these the same and the other different?’
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
    masks, glasses, shoes.
    Mask is different because glasses and shoes are necessary before the pandemic.
    Why is it important to you to have things before the pandemic?
    They remind me of the dead dreams.
    Why are dreams important to you?
    They mean I can escape from the reality. I don't like reality.
    What is the opposite of escaping from reality?
    Living in it, I suppose.
    What would happen to you if you live in reality?
    I wouldn't live. I would die. I couldn't accept it.
    Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
    Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
    El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo
  • Options
    AislingDMAislingDM Moderator Posts: 1,666 Extreme Poster
    This seems like a really important exercise to try and I think the example you gave is really insightful, especially given how unexpectedly essential masks have become over the past two years! Do you have any other laddering examples? Are you meant to know the difference between the things in the list between you pose the question, or is it up to the responder to come up with their own differences? <3 xx
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Kate_20

Thanks for your response. I agree, dreams are great. I often dream that I am in Disneyland! Would you like to talk to us about why reality is so difficult for you? It sounds really tough for you. Though, I appreciate it if you would rather think about your great dreams :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.