Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

stuff work

ellie2000ellie2000 Posts: 3,961 Community Veteran
why do ppl defend their employees, and how to u stop feeling sh*t. can theraspist techniques make u wanna self harm, suicidal etc
Crazy mad insane

Comments

• Options
    at the end of the zoom call i sed im upset, bye,
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @ellie2000

Thank you for talking about how you feel. The fact you reached out to the mental health service in the first place is a big step. However, it seems this is making your mental health worse? What about the zoom call made you feel this way? Could you explain a bit more about what happened on the call or the techniques that made you feel this way?

Sending you love and support <3
  • Options
    tht 1 tht i had i was her guinea pig coz they she was training, do trainees have to someone else in the room, her family told her employer tht i were slating her, tht she wasnt a gd person, in our sessions she told me to attack ppl. i did, i bullied the ppl who r*ped me and i got in trouble 4 tht instance. and l8ly i was thinking too much about her sessions and i found out tht it was too much and she left and bcame a jewellery store owner
    wat do i do with my thoughts and head?
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @ellie2000 I'm so sorry to hear that you're struggling right now. If she was in training, she would have had someone either in the same room as her, or maybe on the phone/call with her to make sure they didn't cause you further upset or distress, which it looked like they did. When you say she told you to attack people, did she say to physically attack them or emotionally? That seems really distressing. I know you're struggling with difficult emotions right now, so can you tell me more about how you're feeling, and what thoughts keep coming up for you when you think of that session?
  • Options
    she told me told msg, wat i would've liked to say, i stupidly put it in to action, bc she never closed off the sessions correctly. am i at fault? i kick myself everyday
    Crazy mad insane
  • Options
    Ed_Ed_ Moderator Posts: 1,551 Extreme Poster
    Hey Ellie, in terms of therapy, I don't know whether trainees in all fields have to have someone in the room with them, however if they are working towards accreditation, they should be having regular clinical supervision where they discuss their sessions and they get feedback/challenge on what they have been doing, so it should be that if someone isn't following approved techniques, then that gets called out. It may be worth speaking to the service where you were receiving support to understand whether they feel like the therapy you received was in line with their guidelines. They may also be able to point you in the direction of the professional body that they are registered with who can look into what happened.

In terms of what to do with the thoughts in your head, it may be worth reaching out to your doctor as a first point of contact if you are not receiving any support at the moment, they should be able to give you an idea of support available and make referrals if necessary. You deserve to have a space to work through the thoughts and feelings you are experiencing at the moment. You may also want to look into charities that provide support for those that have been raped, in particular, Rape Crisis provides a variety of services, including a helpline and centres you can visit. You can find out if there is one locally to you alongside their helpline number here. They may be able to help you process what happened to you and to help you get support with all of this.
    FAQHow to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @ellie2000

Well done for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

I can see you have already received some amazing support. I just want to ask if @daisyella12, @Brookee, and @Ed_ have helped to answer all your questions?

I hope you can receive the answers and support you need soon! If you have any more questions for us, please don't hesitate to ask us :3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.