Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I want to end each sentence of my dissertation with death.

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I finally misread one of my dissertation sentences as 'Choosing a more efficient way to die'. I know all I need is death and nothing is going to change it. Positive things in my life are hindrances to my death so they are inconvenient.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    @Kate_20 It sounds like you're feeling really hopeless right now. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone, we're here for you. If you do feel suicidal though, it may be beneficial to reach out to SHOUT (85258), The Samaritans (166 123) or Papyrus (0800 068 4141). You're never alone, people want to help you, and you deserve support. Can you tell me more about what happened leading up to you feeling this way?
  • Options
    Brookee wrote: »
    @Kate_20 It sounds like you're feeling really hopeless right now. I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone, we're here for you. If you do feel suicidal though, it may be beneficial to reach out to SHOUT (85258), The Samaritans (166 123) or Papyrus (0800 068 4141). You're never alone, people want to help you, and you deserve support. Can you tell me more about what happened leading up to you feeling this way?

@Brookee Nothing made me feel like this. It comes out of nowhere. I guess it is just an instinct of death.
  • Options
    @Kate_20 That sounds really distressing to cope with. Do you feel able to express more about how you're feeling?
  • Options
    @Brookee I really hope I could but there really isn't anything left.
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Kate_20

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. I am sorry to hear you are struggling. I think you are doing really well in telling us what you are thinking. I see hope still in you. We are here for you! <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    Hey @Kate_20

It's okay, I understand completely, it can be difficult to explain emotions in words. Do you find writing these feelings down helpful? Or even maybe drawing, or painting. These can be really good outlets for when these emotions are difficult to process. You deserve support, and we're always here for you <3
  • Options
    daisyella12daisyella12 Posts: 119 The Mix Convert
    Hi @Kate_20

I just wanted to agree with what @Brookee and @Laura_tigger82 have said, we are here for you, we care about you and we want to support you. I am so sorry you are going through such a difficult time <3

Would you like to share how you are feeling today?

Sending hugs <3
  • Options
    In addition to how you are feeling @Kate_20, please know that we are here for you in general. If that is talk about random things to help take your mind off other things then that's absolutely ok! Or talk about the dissertation and how you may be able to reach the goals you want then that's absolutely ok too. We are always here and listening! <3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @daisyella12 Sorry I am just not doing well and sorry for triggering people.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 Thanks. But sometimes I just feel like I am being ungrateful as people want me to be alive but I don't feel like I can stay alive for long.
  • Options
    Hi @Kate_20

Thanks for your response. You are definitely not being ungrateful just because you are struggling. It is okay not to be okay sometimes. You are doing all the right things in reaching out for support. People just care about you and will do anything to help! <3
  • Options
    @Kate_20 you never have to apologise for how you feel <3
  • Options
    @daisyella12 My parents said that I am too fragile for being suicidal.
  • Options
    @Kate_20 I'm so sorry that your parents are not being sympathetic to how you are feeling, this must make things even more difficult. The fact you have opened up to them about it takes so much courage, you should be really proud of yourself as this is a step in the right direction even if it does not feel like it right now. They may not fully understand everything you've been through that has brought you to this point and these feelings. Some people who have not gone through these thoughts and feelings themselves find it hard to understand someone else going through them. :(

Have you been in touch with any helplines? such as Samaritans (116 123), Mind (0300 123 3393) or by texting SHOUT to 85258.

Sending you hugs <3
  • Options
    @daisyella12 They have the same feelings but they think only I am being fragile because I haven't been through anything.
  • Options
    Hi @Kate_20

You don't have to go through anything to struggle. Sometimes biology is also a key factor. Though, you have also been through things. We are always here for you if you ever need to talk! <3