Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Chest pain

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I find my chest pain unbearable and my left arm also hurts. I don't know if it is because of my sleep problems but I failed to change my sleep patterns due to unbearable chest pain. I really hope it is not anxiety. I guess I wouldn't have a long time to live, which is good.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
    It sounds really difficult the chest pain you're experiencing @Kate_20 <3

If you have any concerns for your health and safety, we would always encourage you to call 111 or 999 to get some professional medical support. You can also find your nearest a&e to get some support quickly. Here's a link to the NHS website if you wanted to look up where your nearest a&e is - https://www.nhs.uk/service-search/other-services/Accident and emergency services/LocationSearch/428

How would you feel about seeking medical assistance to check in about your chest pain?

Keep us updated with how you're feeling, we're all here for you <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Kate_20

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

I am really glad to see @Aife has already provided you with some wonderful support and numbers to call for support.

I just wanted to add that I also hope you feel better soon. Please get it checked if you are not sure.

Do you feel anxious? If so, is there anything you would like to talk to us about?

We are always here for you, listening to you, and caring about you <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    @Laura_tigger82 I don't know if I feel anxious but I feel like I may die at any moment. I don't want to get it checked. Can't wait to be dead so that I'll get my final relief. I'll be no longer in pain.
  • Options
    I no longer deserve to be cared about. I'll just go without sleep for one more night and I'll get what I want.
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    Hi @Kate_20

Please can I recommend the supports @Aife has already recommended if you are feeling that unwell?

You deserve medical attention and treatment if necessary. We care about you and hope you will feel better soon.

Also, Samaritans, Shout, and Papyrus are always just a message or call away, the same as we are :3
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,032 Boards Guru
    Sending you lots of strength @Kate_20, we're all here for you <3

I'm hearing how much pain you're feeling at the moment which sounds really difficult to be experiencing on top of the chest pain. You're doing really well reaching out to all of us and we all care about you so much.

With your chest pain, have you experienced this before and found anything that helps ease the pain? I remember you mentioning before that you find self-care videos helpful to watch. Is that something you might find helpful to try today?

As @Laura_tigger82 mentioned, there are services out there to help you through this. You never have to go through this alone and they are just a call or a message away anytime you need them. I've listed below a few services in the spoiler with links to each website if you wanted to read up a bit more about them. We'd encourage you to seek medical assistance if the chest pain is causing you any concern so you can get the best support available to you.

Samaritans also have a new webchat service that you might like to try if you prefer text-based support.
    * If you need urgent help or have any concerns for your health or safety, the quickest way to get help is to call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. 
    *Crisis Messenger - Our crisis messenger text service provides free, 24/7 crisis support across the UK. If you’re aged 25 or under, you can text THEMIX to 85258.
    * Papyrus - If you are having thoughts of suicide, you can contact HOPELINEUK for confidential support and practical advice. You can call them on 0800 068 4141 or text them on 07786209697.
    * Samaritans are reachable by phone and email 24/7. Whatever you're going through, you can call them any time, from any phone on 116 123.

Keep doing what you can to look after yourself and remember that you deserve so much kindness and support <3
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    @Aife I had this before but I think it is my heart. I'll try to but I don't have time for videos. I still have chest pain and I started to have a headache.
  • Options
    Hi @Kate_20

I am sorry to hear you are still struggling with your health. Have you managed to seek medical assistance for this yet? Please let us know how you get on. We care about you and hope you feel better soon :)
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    @Laura_tigger82 No, I haven't
    Post edited by TheMix on
  • Options
    Hi @Kate_20

I am sorry to hear you are feeling this way. Please remember all the wonderful supports @Aife has listed are here for you.

We are also here for you if there is anything you would like to talk to us about. However, @Aife has listed some 24/7 supports so you are more likely to receive a response from them overnight.

I hope you feel better soon and please remember we are really proud of you, here for you, listening to you, and caring about you <3
  • Options
    Neha12Neha12 Posts: 12 Settling in
    Hi @Kate_20

Sorry to hear you, actually a few years back, I also suffered from the same problem. My chest was paining a lot, even I was not able to sleep also. My friend suggested me to try some herbal supplements.

So I bought that after discussing it with my doctor, and literally it was really a great experience. I felt relaxed after that. Not only supplements, I tried some yoga also, so that I can be calm.
  • Options
    Hey @Neha12

Thanks for continuing to share your experience with us about what helped and what did not help. It is great to hear they helped you to feel better. Hopefully, they will also help our other community members, such as @Kate_20, to feel better if they need it! Though, it is important to acknowledge that different things help different people :3