Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I want to learn things but I don't want to use things

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I want to learn things only because they are interesting to me, not because they are practical. I therefore fear going to work because that means I'll never have time for myself. I'll never have time to learn interesting things anymore and I will contaminate the things I have already learned. None of the things I am good at is useful. I guess that is part of the reason I suffer at this crucial transition time.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• Options
    Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,107 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Kate_20

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out. I am really proud of you for managing to identify the aspects of the transition that are particularly worrying you.

Transitions are difficult no matter what they are, when they are, or who you are. Finding transitions difficult does not define you or reflect your abilities.

I think for you the most important thing will be finding a job which also meets your interests! This is true for me too and it is the same reason I am hoping for a job similar to what I am already doing maybe with just a few extra responsibilities.

The other thing you need to bear in mind no matter the job is work-life balance. You will need to find a job that gives you the hours you need for yourself. Whether this is part-time, shift-based, or only during the week.

Working isn't quite the same as studying, you aren't expected to work the same number of hours and are encouraged to take regular breaks. You can also choose your role. Are your interests covered by CPD? This may also present you with another route to pursue your interests whilst working.

I hope this helps! I believe everyone's interests and strengths are super valuable as when combined we have greater outcomes <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.