Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

TW: I miss the time when I could easily attempt suicide

Kate_20Kate_20 Posts: 653 Incredible Poster
I miss the time when I could easily attempt suicide and not think about anyone. Now I live near my parents and I am scared of getting discovered. I still live with the same mental pain I experienced before. I feel so trapped. But there is no easy way out anymore. I miss the time when I lived away from my parents. How can I fix my physical and mental health? It is impossible and I don't see an end.
Tengo el alma en cuarentena y roto el cuerpo
Qué dolor, qué pena y qué tormento
El Kanka - Lo mal que estoy y lo poco que me quejo

Comments

• BrookeeBrookee Posts: 1,327 Wise Owl
    Hey @Kate_20,

It seems like you're going through a really difficult time right now, and I'm really sorry to hear it. I just want you to know that people do care about you, and want to support you during this time. Please if you can, whenever you're feeling suicidal, contact one of the services that are open 24/7 such as SHOUT 85258 or The Samaritans on 116 123. These individuals are trained to support you during this time, and are often waiting by the phone to hear from you, so please know people do care, and you're worthy of support and love.

I hear you, I understand how suffocating and overwhelming it can feel when this pain doesn't ease over time, and I just want to let you know that you're really strong for expressing these feelings and letting us know, so we can be here to support you. I wonder if you've contacted your GP about these feelings, and the fact they don't seem to be easing for you?

I know it seems like there's no other way out, but recovery is possible, and you deserve and are worthy of support <3
  • Laura_tigger82Laura_tigger82 Moderator Posts: 5,086 Part of The Furniture
    Hi @Kate_20

Thanks for reaching out to us. I always appreciate how much courage it must take to reach out.

Firstly, I want to say that I hear you. I know just how much pain you are currently feeling and the pressure you are feeling.

Secondly, I want to say we will always listen if you ever want to expand on the mental pain and what's making you feel this way.

Though, I know for you, your depression goes a long way in making you feel this way and I am sorry you experience this. We have open arms for virtual hugs.

Do you want to talk about what is making you feel trapped? Is it that you want to live further away from your parents? If so, could you look at accommodation in other areas once you graduate?

I believe there's always another way out but to get there you have to believe you can.

You also have to reach out for support, just like you have done here. I am so proud of you for taking the steps towards support.

As @Brookee rightly said, other support services include your GP, Samaritans, and SHOUT.

There is also Papyrus which you can contact 2 pm-midnight by calling 0800 068 41 41 or emailing pat@papyrus-uk.org

It will be a long road ahead with bumps and curves but I know you will get there <3
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.